Alchohol

Options

Replies

• taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Uhuhh. Yeap! otherwise counting is kinda pointless if you arnt ganna count all your calories! And alcohol is actually proven to make you fat just so ya know. It lowers fat burning rates drastically.
  • wendylou224
    wendylou224 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yes you have to log it. If i have to log it, then you have to as well! lol But I hate drinking my calories, so just make sure you do a little extra walking before you drink. also i was using the zero calorie lemonade vitamin water as a mixer for flavored vodkas. stay away from the 55 calorie Bud select. it tastes like yellow beer flavored water. wine is often a good choice
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, if only to be more aware of what you're putting into your body, especially when you're first starting out. I had NO idea how calorie-dense alcohol was. But I plan for it in my calorie allowance. Tonight, I'm going out for dirty vodka martinis, so I'm making sure I leave room with a lighter lunch and a filling dinner. Nothing's off limits- just plan for it and stay in control! :drinker:
  • shadowfeet33
    shadowfeet33 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yep sorry you have to log it. Even worse, you have to measure it LOL. I enjoy wine very much and a glass is not very big!!!
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, then log it!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Alcohol = free calories
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I am soooo bad.. i do not log my alcohol. I just exercise my butt off and then tell myself it'll even out in the end. LOL. I know i drink too much when I do drink. but oh well. lol i don't while drinking. I eat very healthy all day and week and then blow it at the bars on Fridays and sometimes Saturday.

I know I should.. but I don't want to ruin my fun. LOL
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If alcohol didn't count, I'd be somewhere near 160 pound right not. And I'm nowhere near 160 pounds. Yeah, you gotta log the booze.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I log it when I can remember... ;D
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Just work the calories into your daily intake

Bailey's instead of cream and sugar in your coffee
    Red wine instead of milk in your cereal
    Beer instead of a soft drink
    A shot instead of an energy drink
    Forget the rice as a side dish, add in a martini instead

Keep control of the calories and still get your daily alcohol requirements.

Be creative! It can be fun.
    :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :drinker:
  • chavaaguirre
    chavaaguirre Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dammit ! Thanks, In that case then i'm not eating any more today and saving my Cals for my night in with a couple of the girls :-)...Thanks for helping

LOL!!!!!
    Im doing a detox, Im going three full months without liquid calories.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'm trying to get all my friends on MFP... A few of them have joined me. I think if I party, I'll go out with them and we'll designate one person as the sober MFP Logger. She'll take our phones and keep track of our drinks...

Could work... :bigsmile:
  • shellybob79
    shellybob79 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Most definitely :)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Dammit ! Thanks, In that case then i'm not eating any more today and saving my Cals for my night in with a couple of the girls :-)...Thanks for helping

Oh dear Jesus please tell me you're kidding! Nothing worse than a girl on an empty stomach throwing back six pints on hen night, you'll be a MESS!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh! YES, log it!!!! You'd be surprised how fast those calories add up.
  • emmacopperwaite
    emmacopperwaite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try vodka diet coke or gin and diet lemonade....basically a low cal mixer and then its only the alcohol that really has any calories :-) I think vodka has about 40cals a shot or something like that.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    For the past year I have dilligently logged my calories - and alcohol is a part of my life that I didn't want to give up. But, I only lost 30 pounds in a year....

So this year, I'm eating clean which means no booze....or very seldom.

I've lost a few pounds already, so hopefully I'm onto something.

YES, LOG THE ALCOHOL.
  • cricc93
    cricc93 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it. Most people don't realize how many calories they are adding by drinking. In addition, be aware that drinking alcohol slows down your metabolism for the day you drink it and the following day. If you're really determined to get in shape, avoid alcohol completely.
  • Agatha66
    Agatha66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sitting with my second glass of wine! I have logged them both, wine is my downfall not food , the calories add up very quickly oh dear
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    For the past year I have dilligently logged my calories - and alcohol is a part of my life that I didn't want to give up. But, I only lost 30 pounds in a year....

So this year, I'm eating clean which means no booze....or very seldom.

I've lost a few pounds already, so hopefully I'm onto something.

YES, LOG THE ALCOHOL.
    Smart plan... I'm trying to limit my alcohol intake as well... Trying to treat it as a special treat vs. a normal part of my diet.