Weekly Calorie Goals

Options
I was just wondering how many people go by weekly calorie goals instead of daily. Since I know weekends are more challenging to stay around 1600-1700 calories a day, I adjusted it so I Fridays and Saturdays I have about 2100 calories to work with and for the remaining days, I have about 1500-1700 each day. I am going to try this out for a few weeks to see how this works for me.

What are your thoughts on weekly calorie goals?

Replies

• needsenergy
    Options
    I have been going by daily but I don't get it. If I eat what I normally would it says I will loose about 7 kilo's in 5 weeks but then says i'm not eating enough. I then go and eat more so that all the counts are just below the daily numbers and then it says I will only loose 2 kilo's in 5 weeks. Obviously i'm doing something wrong if what I eat normally says I should loose lots but in fact I gain weight hence why i'm on the site.
    I just don't get where they get the figures from and how the daily amounts should all work. God know's how to work it out weekly.
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think weekly total is fine. There is a method called Zig Zag and you eat the same number of calories in a week that you would daily. You just change up each day and make sure the totals add up correctly. I am on 1560 daily. 1560 X 7= 10,920. I try to make sure my 7 days total 10,920.

Good luck!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I go by daily, but on days I know I will simply have more than I am meant to, will then look at what is extra in the week and try to go by that.