Once I reach my goal weight then???

Options
I was wondering once I reach my goal weight if I should continue to log my calories/food? And what would be my total calories per day for weight maintenance?

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Yeah, until you can keep track without logging it, I would keep inputting your cals on MFP for at least a month or two.

If you go under "Goals" you can change your goals to "maintain" or something like it. Through the guided goals, it will let you select that you aren't trying to loose or add any weight.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey I know you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logging your calories is still a good idea...just so you know where you are once you get to eat more.

Your cals per day would depend on what you weigh at that point.
  • exercisediva
    Options
    I would continue to log your foods until you are able to eat and "eye ball" your portions to stay in your specific calorie range. Once you reach your desired weight, you can calculate what your maintenance calories are by taking your desired weight and multipy x 10 but you may have to add more calories if you extremely active or lifting weights. Good Luck!
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would continue to log your foods until you are able to eat and "eye ball" your portions to stay in your specific calorie range. Once you reach your desired weight, you can calculate what your maintenance calories are by taking your desired weight and multipy x 10 but you may have to add more calories if you extremely active or lifting weights. Good Luck!

so if your desired weight is 120lbs youd have to have 1200 to maintain?? I feel like that would be low enough to still be losing weight?! haha otherwise that means I'll have to stick to 1200 and be hungry to just maintain 120?? Hrmmmmmmmm hehe
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    J.....I reached then exceeded my goal weight by continueing to log my food. I am now back on deficit to lose 10 pounds I previously didnt care to lose.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hey I know you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logging your calories is still a good idea...just so you know where you are once you get to eat more.

Your cals per day would depend on what you weigh at that point.

:love: she would know..........just LOOKIT her!!
    wubs ya shuntae!