book recommendations on emotional eating

Options
Hi- I was wanting to get a book on emotional eating or binge eating but there are SOOOO many different ones to choose from! If any one has read some they thought were really good and DID help them could you tell me the name of it and why it was better than others?.... I also have an addiction to sweets and sugary deliciousness!!.... So any books that'll make me not want to eat sugar would be great too!!

There are just so many choices and I don't want to buy a book and think- what a waste it didn't help at all..... Ya know?

Replies

• outdoorrecrocks
    outdoorrecrocks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found Geneen Roth's books quite informative. In particular, I enjoyed Women, Food and God. I also read a book called Normal Eating. It didn't connect with me as well because there weren't stories as part of it, but it has good information.
  • inkywitch
    Options
    "Women, Food and God" by Geneen Roth was a great book for me too. The best book I've found to help with any kind of overeating/binge eating, however, is "Brain Over Binge" - the author's name escapes me at the moment, but you can find it on Amazon for $16.95, and it's worth much more to me! Since I read it, I have had no problems resisting my binge urges. I feel so much more grounded, and I have sugar addiction too. I find that using the author's approach has made it possible for me to eat sweet foods without binging on them, something I've had trouble with for years.
  • worshiptheking148
    Options
    the bible, i lost 70lbs with God on my side. ^-^
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Kindle version of Brain Over Binge.... I really like the philosophy: I already UNDERSTANS what brings on the attacks. What I really need is a method to circumvent them. Thanks!
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    "Women, Food and God" by Geneen Roth was a great book for me too. The best book I've found to help with any kind of overeating/binge eating, however, is "Brain Over Binge" - the author's name escapes me at the moment, but you can find it on Amazon for $16.95, and it's worth much more to me! Since I read it, I have had no problems resisting my binge urges. I feel so much more grounded, and I have sugar addiction too. I find that using the author's approach has made it possible for me to eat sweet foods without binging on them, something I've had trouble with for years.

Ok I will check out the Brain Over Binge book. :)

Do any of these book have like...questions you have to answer so you can figure out what brings on the binges and stuff?
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I heard of a book titled 'Mindless Eating - Why we Eat More than we Think' by Brian Wansink.
    Never read it though ))
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I heard of a book titled 'Mindless Eating - Why we Eat More than we Think' by Brian Wansink.
    Never read it though ))
    This has almost 5 stars on Amazon based on 200 reviews! Going to get this. Thanks for the recommendation!
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    41LQ8OtfrFL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by David Kessler!
  • kelynndi
    Options
    I just borrowed Mindless Eating/Why We Eat More Than We Think. It is supposed to be very informative but humorous at the same time. I also borrowed Breaking The Food Seduction, but I have heard that the other supports a vegan diet, and I am not really ready for that! I just went to my doctor yesterday and shamefully told him I ate 3 packages of drakes cupcakes in one sitting, so he suggested I talk to a therapist, lol. I actually think it may help so I made an appointment. Good Luck!
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just started reading one that is like a 'workbook' also. I can't remember the name of it now but I think it's geared at binge eating. I hope it helps. :)