Crossfitters…

I am new to MFP and I am wondering…how do you log your WODs? I tried finding "rope climbs" and it wasn't on there. What I have been doing is putting everything under "running" and estimate my calorie burn. I realize this is not the best way to do it, but I am kind of lost.

Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks!!

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    I log my crossfit as "circuit training" and general weight lifting. for the warm up and form practice part, I log it as weightlifting and circuit training for the AMRAMP part. MIght not be exactly, but probably close enough.
  • Awesome! Thanks, That helps.

I am just hoping that I don't "undershoot" (because you work your bum off) or "overshoot" (because I don't want to mess up my calorie deficit).

Oh well. I guess it isn't exact science. :)
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    I log my crossfit as "circuit training" and general weight lifting. for the warm up and form practice part, I log it as weightlifting and circuit training for the AMRAMP part. MIght not be exactly, but probably close enough.
    that's what I do too, or sometimes calisthenics depending on what we did.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Oh well. I guess it isn't exact science. :)
    It's really not, but you'll be able to tell after a few weeks if you are way off -- if you are losing faster or slower than expected, adjust accordingly.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    +1 to circuit training
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    I added CrossFit as my own exercise and estimated the calorie burn. I just claim 350 calories every time. I figure some days it will be a little light and some days a little heavy but I figure it's usually pretty darn close and will even out in the end.
  • Anamaere
    Anamaere Posts: 60 Member
    i LOVE the compendium of Physical Activites. you can find virtually everything there then use it to calculate how much you burned. it's meant ot be fairly accurate but i like to use it as a higher estimate and knock a bit off haha