Workout Ideas

Options
I need some workout ideas...

My gym membership expired.... So I am forced to workout outside in this weather... :/

I need to lose 10lbs, then 5 more pounds lol...

Is it possible to lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks?

Thank you.

Replies

• ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    Start running, buy a jump rope. You can also work out inside. Check out YouTube for different types of things you can do. Lots of people really like POP Pilates although it's not really my jam.

Unless you're like, almost 500 pounds it's not all that healthy to lose 10 pounds in three weeks, you should aim to lose no more than 2 lbs a week for healthy weight loss.
  • jenlipe
    jenlipe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you like or even tolerate Zumba there are a lot of videos on Youtube. Just download (or save to favorites) a whole workout and dance those calories away.
  • onanapamela
    Options
    I didn't realize that people responded on this already... well thank you for the tips..
    I will take those in consideration... I tried Zumba once....I used to do Insanity until I moved above people...and my floor is all wooden...and I don't want to bother the neighbors....I like REAL challenging workouts so I guess my neighbors might just have to hate me :(
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    What about some body weight exercises....check out the book "You are your own gym" by Mark Lauren. It's pretty decent and there's an app you can use if you have a smart phone. You can get a copy from your local library for free (I even borrowed a digital copy).

Running is a great exercise too....just make sure you have some proper shoes. C25k is a great program and there are a lot of apps and training plans for it (there's even a Zombies, Run 5k training if zombies are your thing...it's pretty fun).

There are a ton of workout videos on Youtube (Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred is on there and it's awesome - and challenging) you can do for free.

Get some free weights and start lifting. Lifting is a great way to lose fat.

Good luck!
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    well if you have any weights at home... BB.com has workouts for home/outside .... If you have comcast Go on D and they have workout vids there too.