Over halfway there w/ PICS

Options

Replies

• LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job. You look wonderful!!!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    WOW 100 pounds in 7 months! Incredible!
  • prinlea2000
    prinlea2000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - excellent progress! You look fantastic!! Keep up the great work. :)
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Impressive!!!! 100lbs since March, WOW! Great for you!
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look great and I must say you look like 10 years younger!! keep up the good work!!
  • crzyangelchic
    crzyangelchic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look so good! Congrats for doing it all healthy too! You're inspiring! Keep up the great work! See you after the last 80!!
  • Nanook8
    Nanook8 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WHAT A Great accomplishment! Kudos and keep up the hard work!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You were afraid that there was not really that much difference?????? You look fantastic, and better than anything, happy and so healthy! Good for you.

^exactly my thoughts! you've done great!!

I just began and need to lose at least 100 lbs, I am just wondering how is your skin? I have been losing kind of fast, which feels great, but I'm also worried about it, you lost pretty fast too, although I think it starts that way when you start off as heavy as I am. I just always think what will my skin look like. although I guess I'd rather have droopy skin than fat filled skin....

So far, my skin is not too bad. There is a little looseness, but its not horrible. I have noticed since I started eating a plant based diet in March, my skin is a lot better in general, so I don't know if that has helped or not. My skin is a lot less dry than it used to be, and clearer, so I am hoping that maybe the fact that it is hydrated and happy will help a little. I think that the next part of the loss is going to be where the loose skin really starts to show up though, so we shall see.

I did it by switching to a plant based diet (vegan basically). I developed acid reflux, and went to the doctor because I was having chest pains. He talked to me about causes, and that I could make some dietary changes to eliminate it, or that I could take Nexium. He gave me two weeks worth of nexium samples, and I took those to get it under control But I could not wrap my head around having to take medicine to allow myself to keep being able to eat junk. So I decided to make changes. For the first couple of weeks, I just quit drinking soda, eating fried stuff, and generally started to eat better. But around that time, I saw a couple of food documetaries, including Forks Over Knives that promoted a plant based diet. I had been vegetarian years ago, and did welll, so this seemed doable to me. I love my food, I eat a ton, and I have a TON of energy. I know it is not for everyone, but it is working for me. I no longer have cravings for the bad stuff. In fact, if I decide to take a bite of junk that someone else has, it never tastes good anymore.

My acid reflux is gone, the IBD that I struggled with forever is gone, I don't snore anymore, and my lab work looks great!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! The butterfly has emerged from its' cocoon! Your post is very inspiring for me as my journey parallels yours. We both have much to look forward to. Thank you for taking time to post pictures which always makes text more meaningful.
    Wishing you continued success & healthy journey. Life is Great! Enjoy it my friend and keep up the fabulous work.
  • Teeteetare
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • katattak73
    Options
    thats amazing!! great job!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Wow GREAT improvement!! You look so much younger too :) Keep at it!
  • wormstrup14
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 100 pounds, that is amazing!!
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job!!!
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    you should be very proud of how far you've come!! and that's a CRAZY amount of weight to lose in only 7 months- wow!!! you are simply beaming...Bravo :drinker: PS LOVE your dress...where's it from?
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Such a huge change in such a short period of time! Amazing and awesome!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You look vibrant, happy and healthy, well done, your hard work has paid off!!!!
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    WOW!! you looking good! keep it up! wishing you much success on your journey to a healthy lifestyle! :flowerforyou:
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    100 lbs since march? That is AMAZING!! congrats! and keep up the great work!!!:flowerforyou:
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference! You look fabulous and happier on top of it all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!