Ladies 50+ (or thereabouts)

I've got a seriously fabulous group of MFP friends and we're all traveling this path together.

We know what it's like to break a half-century of bad eating habits, make household feeding changes with family around, start to exercise for the very first time, adapt to a post-menopausal body, accept a vision in the mirror we don't recognize anymore, work around injuries or illnesses. In my little circle of MFP friends, when we have questions or hit a wall, women like us can find a relevant answer or lend sympathetic support.

If you're around 50 or older and would like to connect with other women who "get it," please send me a friend request.

This is actually quite a lot of fun when you do it together. ;c)

Peace,
Alice

P.S. What other unique over-50 issues can you think of?

Replies

• jenlipe
    jenlipe Posts: 54 Member
    Stubborn belly fat when before 50 there wasn't a problem with it. Definite 50 issue.
  • Alice - thanks for being a leader.....Ladies - she is great and we are all supportive and understanding...feel free to add me ladies - Alice and I are already connected.
  • espree70
    espree70 Posts: 41 Member
    So well written, this is more fun with the a little help from your friends as the old song goes...
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    bump
  • 4thoseiluv
    4thoseiluv Posts: 96 Member
    I'm here!!!
  • kurzap
    kurzap Posts: 20 Member
    Hello there, I'm 60 years young, have scolosis issues, but love to walk for exercise, at 5'0 I hit 139, and now down to 132. It's just soo hard to loose a lb., but need to get to a healthy weight and BMI. I try to walk everyday, and take a low impact exercise class Just want to keep healthy and happy. I love tracking on MFP. Best Peggy kurzap
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member
    Back hurts all the time ... fighting plantars fasciitis, so my foot always hurts. I try to get a 15 minute walk in all the same. Shoulder still hurts from shoulder surgery 15 months ago. Believe it or not, 3 years ago I had no aches or pains. I'm 55 and feel much older. Weight is so slow to come off! I've lost about 8 pounds in 2 months and just treading water without much progress. That sounds good, except I lost 4 pounds the first week, so 4 more pounds in 7 weeks with 1200 calories a day. And I definitely don't recognize that face in the mirror ...