Pain in the...foot!

Options
Hi, I have a question. I started back working out last week, and I've noticed that I get really bad pains in my feet. Now I am flat-footed, so Im sure that may have something to do with it. But I found that Im having the worst pain when I do my exercise videos at home. Do I need a different shoe for these exercises?
Right now Im using a New Balance walking shoe. When I walk, i get a little pain on the inside of my feet, but when I do videos, I get a lot of pain on the outside. I don't want this to deter my workout, because today I was barely able to finish 30 minutes. So any advice would be AMAZING.
Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Send me a PM.
  • jiblin
    jiblin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    See a podiatrist. You may have additional alments that are causing your problems. I went and found out that I have planter fasciitis.
    Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia. Longstanding cases of plantar fasciitis often demonstrate more degenerative changes than inflammatory changes, in which case they are termed plantar fasciosis.The plantar fascia is a thick fibrous band of tissue originating on the bottom surface of the calcaneus (heel bone) and extending along the sole of the foot towards the five toes. It has been reported that plantar fasciitis occurs in two million Americans a year and 10% of the population over a lifetime. It is commonly associated with long periods of work-related weight bearing. Among non-athletic populations, it is associated with a high body mass index. The pain is usually felt on the underside of the heel and is often most intense with the first steps of the day. Another symptom is that the sufferer has difficulty bending the foot so that the toes are brought toward the shin (decreased dorsiflexion of the ankle). A symptom commonly recognized among sufferers of plantar fasciitis is increased probability of knee pains, especially among runners.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    It may not be the same case as yours, but like you, I'm flat footed. When I started running, my feet would start
    to hurt. I went to a shoe store and they setup me up with a pair of shoes that helped with my
    pronation (if I'm using that correctly), which mine was pretty severe. Felt fine ever since.

Doug