NORMAL?

i've been losing 1 lb. everyday,........been drinking plenty of water , 1300cal. diet.....is this normal? tks

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Depends on a ton of things. Usually when starting, your body will begin moving around lots of water, most of what you see going on is water loss probably.
  • AshS1050
    AshS1050 Posts: 43 Member
    when i start losing after a break i lose abt a 1lb a day for the first week or two. then it slows down.
  • Brooklyngurl3
    Brooklyngurl3 Posts: 53 Member
    I have been losing a 1-1.2 pounds a day for the past two days. I have worked out 2 hours a day for those two days and the weight just came off. However, I am on a super strict diet which consists of no red meat or pork, no juice, soda or alcohol, no white or bread. It is really hard but I have done it. In conclusion it is possible.
  • yes its normal when u first start losing weight its mostly water weight
  • jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    I lose about that much a day. I am heavy though. Once I get down to a normal human size I imagine that will stop. lol
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    i've been losing 1 lb. everyday,........been drinking plenty of water , 1300cal. diet.....is this normal? tks

Its normal, especially in the beginning.... you drop faster... it may slow down later on.... keep up the good work :)
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    I have been losing a 1-1.2 pounds a day for the past two days. I have worked out 2 hours a day for those two days and the weight just came off. However, I am on a super strict diet which consists of no red meat or pork, no juice, soda or alcohol, no white or bread. It is really hard but I have done it. In conclusion it is possible.

Booklyn, we sound like we're on the same page... good work :)
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Three months ago when I first started, I was losing a pound every couple of days. It's slowed down a lot since then. I would assume this is normal.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    I started off like that to begin with. It slowed down about a week or two later.

Usually, you lose fast at first. If you're drinking a lot of water... it could be cleansing your system. Also... what drinks were you drinking before starting the diet? If there were a lot of carbonated drinks, they could have kept you bloated. I say it's probably a good thing to begin with if you're losing like that... Just keep an eye on everything.
  • I started off like that to begin with. It slowed down about a week or two later.

Usually, you lose fast at first. If you're drinking a lot of water... it could be cleansing your system. Also... what drinks were you drinking before starting the diet? If there were a lot of carbonated drinks, they could have kept you bloated. I say it's probably a good thing to begin with if you're losing like that... Just keep an eye on everything.
    nope , i've never been a person to enjoy junk food, if i do drink carbonated soda its probably once a year or never....i literally mean it , before i got on a diet i drank water and sugar-free lemon juice
  • As others have said, it's very hard to tell because of natural variations over time because of the time of the day, starting weight, size of last meal, water intake, muscle gain, the price of fish, the gravitational pull of the moon, scales inconsistency, and aliens.

I don't think it's unusual at all for the scale to go up and down from day to day, but I think the key thing is not to obsess about it and not to take the scales as your one and only measure of progress. The danger with getting carried away with the scales is that natural variations are treated as a triumph or a disaster. These forums are usually full of people posting in panic at very small weight gains as showed by the scales - which may or may not be real. Some then get discouraged that all their effort has been for nothing, and give up.

Scales are useful, but so are other measures - do your clothes feel looser? Can you see the difference between then-and-now pictures? Are you feeling fitter? Any other NSVs? How do your measurements now compare to those you took a month ago?

TL:Dr - don't obsess over the scale. That way madness and failure lie.
  • As others have said, it's very hard to tell because of natural variations over time because of the time of the day, starting weight, size of last meal, water intake, muscle gain, the price of fish, the gravitational pull of the moon, scales inconsistency, and aliens.

I don't think it's unusual at all for the scale to go up and down from day to day, but I think the key thing is not to obsess about it and not to take the scales as your one and only measure of progress. The danger with getting carried away with the scales is that natural variations are treated as a triumph or a disaster. These forums are usually full of people posting in panic at very small weight gains as showed by the scales - which may or may not be real. Some then get discouraged that all their effort has been for nothing, and give up.

Scales are useful, but so are other measures - do your clothes feel looser? Can you see the difference between then-and-now pictures? Are you feeling fitter? Any other NSVs? How do your measurements now compare to those you took a month ago?

TL:Dr - don't obsess over the scale. That way madness and failure lie.
    LOL TKS