NSV - just a small thing

Options
So today I realized something...normally I'm the type of person that can't buy any kind of junk food. Because if it's in the house it's gone immediately.

Ice cream? Two days, max. Bag of Hallowe'en candy? Three, the most.

But today, I realized I have more junk food in my house that I've ever had at one time. And it's been around for WEEKS. I've been REALLY good at portioning but allowing myself to have a little bit when I want it.

I know it's not much...but it's a HUGE step for me.

Replies

• MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV!!!
  • UrbanSpaceman75
    Options
    That's not a small thing at all. That's a major change in deeply ingrained habits, that is. And that's awesome. It's a NSV that will keep giving as long as you can keep it up.

I'm really pleased with my weight loss progress, but I don't yet trust myself to keep junk food in the house. So don't underestimate what you've achieved here.
  • betho217
    betho217 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's a huge deal! I'm still at the point where I can't have any junk food in my apartment. If it's tasty, salty, crunchy, and ready to eat straight out of a bag or box it doesn't last a day!

Way to go!!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, and I agree, not just a small thing!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yay! Sometimes it's the little things that can give you a big push!
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    Great job! I say why deprive yourself completely of things a little bit never hurt and plus it teaches us self control. Amazing NSV!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That's not small, that is HUGE! Knowing that the stuff can be around and you have control is awesome.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I agree that's huge when the food stops controlling you and you control the food.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!