Help!

sassycurlzss
sassycurlzss Posts: 47 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't understand? I've been working out 5 days a week on EA Active fitness challange on medium and not going over my calories except one day a week. I also don't eat my workout calories. So basically I'm way under my calories each day. I'm on all sorts of vitamins and a herbal liquid diuretic to get rid of this water weight I have! It's bad. I have a doctors appt Friday to see if my thyroid is off. Other than that I can't figure why I'm not losing! I lost 4 lbs in week one and that's been it. My stomach has gone down but that's it too. I read blogs that people lose all this weight in there first few weeks and here Iam stuck? Help? Any suggestions?

Replies

• Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    I've been at it 2 1/2 weeks and lost 3 pounds. It is a little dis-heartening when you see massive weight loss in other's in their first week. Seeing a doctor is a great thing todo. I'm in no way an expert, but you should be eatting your exercise calories. It will help you lose weight.
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    I don't understand? I've been working out 5 days a week on EA Active fitness challange on medium and not going over my calories except one day a week. I also don't eat my workout calories. So basically I'm way under my calories each day. I'm on all sorts of vitamins and a herbal liquid diuretic to get rid of this water weight I have! It's bad. I have a doctors appt Friday to see if my thyroid is off. Other than that I can't figure why I'm not losing! I lost 4 lbs in week one and that's been it. My stomach has gone down but that's it too. I read blogs that people lose all this weight in there first few weeks and here Iam stuck? Help? Any suggestions?

I am quite upset I have not lost over 4 lbs myself. I have given myself pep talks daily! :flowerforyou: Like I tell myself: "Keep going, you know you are doing all the right things. And DO NOT give up!!"
  • earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you may be consuming too FEW calories and your body is going into "survival mode" and won't let go of the fat because it's not getting enough. Try meeting your minimum caloric intake by eating your "workout calories" for a week and see what happens. And for sure follow up with your doctor.
  • sassycurlzss
    sassycurlzss Posts: 47 Member
    I've thought about that eating all my calories and my workout cals and seeing if it makes a difference. It's funny but I eat three times a day my portioned meals and have a snack in between each. At the end of the day I find myself with leftover cals that I didn't know what to do with. I guess I should snack more at work otherwise Im munching at night to Get in the leftovers. Also, a problem is that I don't workout till night so I won't know how many workout cals I'll have. Maybe eat more at dinner? Sounds like good tips I'll try it thanks! ;)
This discussion has been closed.