im new to this i been trying to lose weight with
17 Daydiet
atkins
hcg
oats diet
i did lose weight but gain it back faster than i lost the weight
i know thats crazy but finally i after years
find out The right way to lose weight
am 30 years old im little late but i Finally Get It :)
so im 5'3
i burn 400 to 700 a day five days my weekend for ressssst
mfp set me at 1280 coz i put that i want to lose 1Ib a week
can i eat 1300
and whats the best carb fat thing coz im still not sure
what is best healthy menu
is 100 fat 50 protein 100 fat good
or bad any idea plz

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Eat back half the calories you burn in exercise.

Set goals to 30% protein, 40% carb and 30% fat. I personally have it at 30%p, 45%c, and 25%f.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'll just tell you what I do, pull from it what you like. I'm also 5' 3", and started out at 172 pounds. I eat around 1650 calories a day. This is where I got that number from
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Lots of great info there. I do 40%carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat

And FYI with this way you don't eat back your exercise calories back because they are already calculated in. If you go the MFP way, you eat back your exercise calories to make sure you NET the 1280 calories. Either way you should reach around the same number. Feel free to add me if you want. I'm also 30, well for a little while longer, my birthday is Monday lol
  • ausf
    ausf Posts: 51
    Options
    hi dana you mean by 40% 40 grams total
    coz my carb goal is 176 and my protein goal is 48
  • KrysteenBonjour
    KrysteenBonjour Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The common factor in all of these diets and failures is that they are all DIETS! :) you need to change your lifestyle to eating healthy. Chances are you did not become overweight overnight, or within 17 days, so you are not going to reach your goals within a short period of time either. Loosing weight and exercise needs to be a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, not a diet. Go to myplate.gov and it is a great resource for what you should be eating, and what you should not be eating. Make sure you log every bite you eat, so you can see how much sugar, fats, simple carbs the things you are eating have. Check nutrition labels, if any one portion of the nutritional facts is more than 20% of your daily value, chances are you should not be eating it. More produce, less boxes. I hope this helps you! :smile:
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have my information from the lapband 60 grams in protein. And it dosen't hurt to go over that. I'm still trying to find out about. And we were all told to do 1500 cal a day 8 glasses of water. Not sure on carbs or fat, sause I would like to know. I'm happy with MFP and have lost 14lbs since Oct 2 2012 16 days!!! Good luck!