Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Options
I have just started the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I want to add it to my exercises to see how many calories I am losing, but I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's cardio or strengh training. Does anyone have any clue of what do to??

Replies

• tsands2
    Options
    I've been trying to figure the same thing out. Hopefully someone will know the answer!
  • caseybreunig
    caseybreunig Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I actually use Circuit Training to track it, as a cardio exercise.
  • mrsgiffin
    mrsgiffin Posts: 122
    Options
    Hey!!! I have been doing the shred too! I have looked all around the internet to try to find the calories burned and this is what I found. People said it depends on your weight and how hard core you are pushing yourself. If you are doing it without stopping, then that would be like max calories burned. I have found it to be that people say from a heart monitor that the burn between 150 and 200 for level 1. So I put in there 175 under cardio. For level 2 I put 225 because I figure it has to be more than level 1 but I dont want to put too much more. That is just an estimate and I dont know if thats true but that has been working for me. I have not even watched level 3 yet... Level 2 is still killing me. But I have been doing it for 2 1/2 weeks now and have lost 2 inches off waist, 1 inch off neck and 0.5 off hips. So it must be doing something! Good luck!

301739.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I want to get this!
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I want to get this!

Do it! I've been doing it for a week now. Not everyday, but three times a day in the morning in addition to my afternoon sessions at the gym. If you have Netflix, you can get it there and try it out! That's what I did, but I'm for sure buying it.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Most of the people on MFP say General Circuit training. It all depends on how much you weigh, as you get smaller so will the calories burned. I plan to get a heart rate monitor since I want to know the number I'm burning. Great work out. When I switched from level 1 to level 2 I lost 2.5 lbs two weeks in a row. I lost 5 inches around my waist in a month from doing it (and eating healthy). LOVE this DVD, LOVE her style.
    for those of you who don't have it, check out your ondemand if you have it. I did it for months free on Exercise TV on demand. Otherwise it's cheap at Costco. I also found it at exercisetv.com and you can down load it to your computer and then burn it onto a dvd.
  • erinmc
    erinmc Posts: 7
    Options
    hi,

I wish the database had videos in it too because i like the jillian boost your metabolism video (no equipment needed) and i couldn't find that one either! but, i put it in as 30 mins of aerobics. but, another user suggested circuit training and that's probably a better option.

i hope they add videos to the databse soon!

Good luck with your goals,

Erin
  • aprildh
    aprildh Posts: 90
    Options
    I've also been doing the 30 day shred. I entered it as circuit training because I didn't know what else to do. I am mixing it up with Bob's Bootcamp and that is tough workout as well. It lasts for 30 minutes and I entered it as general aerobics because I'm still not sure how they compare with circuit training. I would love it if Fitness Pal added workout videos to the database.

Good luck with your weight loss.
    April
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    hi,

I wish the database had videos in it too because i like the jillian boost your metabolism video (no equipment needed) and i couldn't find that one either! but, i put it in as 30 mins of aerobics. but, another user suggested circuit training and that's probably a better option.

i hope they add videos to the databse soon!

Good luck with your goals,

Erin

I do her boost your metabolism video as high impact aerobics. I'm pretty sure that's what my friend does also and we've both had great results from that.