Replies

• gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm a minimalist shoe person, all about the nike free 3 shoes (and the ridiculous colours can't be beat). I used to love Asics, but since I started transitioning to minimalist shoes my feet have never been in better condition. I even did a marathon in them a couple of weeks ago with zero blisters and my physiotherapist can't believe how much my legs have improved in the last year (though carrying 43lbs less on them probably contributes to that!)

I'll probably eventually transition completely to fivefingers but that's a much longer term transition (you really have to build slowly or risk breaking bones!)
  • hrtease2
    hrtease2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    by far I say skechers go run I just bought some they were on sale for $60 and LOVE them so comfy and lightweight!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Yep, what he said ^. Go to a running store. They will scan your feet, watch you walk/run to figure out your 'stride type' and then have you try on several different kinds of shoes. It's worth the time and money and your feet will thank you for it.
    I ended up with a pair of Brooks.. I love them!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Altra Zero Drop running shoes. WOW. Talk about a difference! Comfy, made in the USA, and are under $100.
  • AZDreamgirl
    Options
    Saucony-pick any they are awesome.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    get fitted at a running shop but don't buy them there. go online to get them- there are quite a few online stores that sell the same shoes at less than half the price. shipping is usually free or minimal. i do this and save myself at least $100 every time.

Don't do this. If you want to buy your second pair on-line, fine. But the expertise and assistance you get from the local running store should be rewarded with your business for at least that first pair.

I agree with this! Most of these shops are small locally owned shops. I just got fitted for shoes last night (low arch, need stability). My husband went online and they were pretty closely priced to what we paid in store. They spent an hour with me checking feet, gait, etc and I felt it was worth a few bucks more for having shoes that fit right.