What inspires u and keeps u on track?

Options
Hey! Looking for some inspiration here. Just had baby #3 and I'm ready to get my body fit again! Just seems like there isn't enough time in the day to get a solid workout in let alone cook real meals. I'm feeling motivated, but need some direction and inspiration. What changes have you made either in diet, workout, schedules, etc, to be successful on your wl journey? What inspired you!?:happy:

Replies

• MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    my doctor and the ladies
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I felt like people were always looking at me. That's what inspired me for the longest time.

Now my inspiration comes from my own success, I'm so good at this that I want to see how far I can take it. If you're good at something, you love doing it.

If you want to truly accomplish your goals, you have to find your own inspiration from within. Cliche, but it's true. If it becomes a chore, then you're doing it wrong.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hey! Looking for some inspiration here. Just had baby #3 and I'm ready to get my body fit again! Just seems like there isn't enough time in the day to get a solid workout in let alone cook real meals. I'm feeling motivated, but need some direction and inspiration. What changes have you made either in diet, workout, schedules, etc, to be successful on your wl journey? What inspired you!?:happy:

I cut out ALL junk food, processed food, beverages etc.... so all i basically eat is fruits, vegetables, proteins (chickem fish, beef).... and to date i've lost about 18 llbs.....i know it sounds extreme but to ur question about what motivates me, i was really SICK AND TIRED of being overweight, everything was overyly tight, i felt sooo uncomfortable tin clothes and i just had to make the change... in addition to that i got a scare of having diabetes, everthing turned out ok, but it still was a wake up call.... to lose this weight ONCE AND FOR ALL!
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This site inspires me! The friends that I've meet on MFP are phenominal! I get motivation from them daily and I motivate them myself :)

You can add me as a friend and take some of my friends as well. Congradulations on your new baby!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A bunch of pictures of the body I want on my desk top. Also I understand the whole not enough time in the day I have 6 kids 2 of which I had 8 months ago, yup twins! If I can do it anybody can. You have to make yourself a priority. It's about you ask for help, for just 1 hour so that you can do something for yourself. You deserve it, you can do it, earn your body.
  • jesloseit23
    jesloseit23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cutting out all processed food is the hardest part for me. I cook healthy meals for my family ( lean meats, fresh vegetables, nothing fried), but my downfall is junk food...specifically processed sugary foods. If I'm in a rush or just bored, I tend to grab sweets if they are in my house. I've tried not buying that cr@p, yet it somehow ends up in my house. It's not what I want my kids eating as I grew up eating it which is where I attribute my cravings to.
    Good for you for cutting it out! Having the willpower to resist it is something I lack!
  • jesloseit23
    Options
    Congrats on ur twins! My free hour would be at 4:30 am. By the end of the day, I'm too beat to workout. I do find that stroller walks are good bc it involves and entertains the kids so everyone wins!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your babies!

Finding a form of exercise that I enjoyed was crucial for me in the motivation department. When I have exercised, I find I'm even more motivated to keep my food on track. I think it's because I don't want to undo all the hard work I put in with bad food choices.

Good luck on your journey! Remember, every week won't be perfect. It's the big picture that matters.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Congrats on ur twins! My free hour would be at 4:30 am. By the end of the day, I'm too beat to workout. I do find that stroller walks are good bc it involves and entertains the kids so everyone wins!

Thanks :) Yes! mommy and me exercises I forgot about these! Look up the videos the babies used to love it when hubby and I worked out with them!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant: To get back at everyone who made me feel like complete crap for being overweight. I love seeing people I haven't seen in a while and watching their eyes bulge at how good I look.

Now that I am pregnant: To not gain 50-60-70+ pounds during my pregnancy and to be a good role model for my child when he/she comes.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Showing others they can overcome food addiction and live a healthy lifestyle.
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 months from 49 so I'd like to use the next year to get myself in the best shape of my life.

I am fortunate to have exited the workforce 3 years ago and so these days I figure part of my job is to keep us healthy. That means meals created from scratch including homemade bread as well as regular exercise.

I'm hoping that by incorporating weights into my routine that I'll be bathing suit ready by Valentines :-))
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    My inspiration was having a huge tumor and my uterus removed and realizing I might as well work off all the rest of the weight that didn't leave with the surgery...

my motivation to keep me going is the constant workout challenges between my son and I. He likes to see how hard he can push me with lunges or whatever so I can barely even sit to pee the next day. Then I get him back with seated dips a couple days later.
  • jesloseit23
    Options
    I wish there was a like button under each post. So many inspiring stories. I like the comment about each week not being perfect. It's so true! Even if there is a slip up on a day, it doesn't mean to blow the rest of the day with poor eating choices. That is VERY hard for me. If I eat something bad ( like pastries, pizza, etc), I often use it as a free pass to blow the rest of the day bc I feel I've failed so why bother. Anyone else do that? :/
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Waking up an hour earlier helps me tremendously. I'm not rushed, I don't have the kids nagging, I can get MY stuff organized. Like anything else it's an adjustment, but very worth it.

Inspiration comes from seeing the number on the scale go down. It also comes from compliments from my husband. I'm also proud of myself when I review my food tracker at the end of the day and I stayed on plan.

I'm less disciplined with exercise. But I figure if I have time to get on Facebook or read through MFP message threads, I have time to exercise. I'm a work in progress :)
  • MidgetGidget
    Options
    two closets full of clothes I can't wear, fitting into the last of the large size I have and having to shop for bigger sizes. Oh and getting healthy of course.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I was tired of wearing a size 18 pants and 1x tops! You try to hide under baggy clothes or "black clothes", but nothing can hide all that fat. I lost 85 pounds in a year and i never want to go back to that. I now wear a size 4-6 jeans and small tops! Thats what keeps me motivated.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a like button under each post. So many inspiring stories.

ME TOO!!!
  • jesloseit23
    Options
    Waking up an hour earlier helps me tremendously. I'm not rushed, I don't have the kids nagging, I can get MY stuff organized. Like anything else it's an adjustment, but very worth it.

Inspiration comes from seeing the number on the scale go down. It also comes from compliments from my husband. I'm also proud of myself when I review my food tracker at the end of the day and I stayed on plan.

I'm less disciplined with exercise. But I figure if I have time to get on Facebook or read through MFP message threads, I have time to exercise. I'm a work in progress :)

I agree! I likely spend a combined total of an hour or more of FB! Why not use that time to get some return on my time investment! :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    my hot exterminator that comes every month.