bump
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Two words...olive oil :)

Rubbing this all over really helps to fade them and tighten up skin
  • nasreenbaby
    Options
    I am starting to look like Freddy Kruger attacked my belly. I am using bio oil twice a day and it helps with the itching a bit which has become frustrating and painful. The cocoa butter sounds really good though so I will try alternating the two. My friend also said that scratching is really bad for stretchmarks as well.

It is good to know that I am not alone in this.
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think the stretch marks came while you were gaining weight.
    Now that your skin isn't so stretched, you can see them.

If they don't go too deep, they will fade with time (but probably not completely).

She's actually correct.....i've heard about some creams that usually reduce the appreance of them....not sure what can be done physically.

I AGREE 100%
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    [qBOUGHTe]
    YOU ARE NOT GAINING STRETCHMARKS FROM WEIGHT LOSS!

Your stretchmarks are more prominent because your skin is adjusting to the weight loss. The stretchmarks will fade in due time or you can look into bio oil.
    [/quote]

BOIOIL IS GREAT I USE IT MYSELF ;)
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just posted what is helping my stretch marks improve drastically, look at my pictures and how much they improved in five weeks only. They are not completely healed yet but I am in it until they are gone. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/801386-stretch-marks-actually-getting-better
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine uses emu oil on some severe scaring and it seems to work for her, so might work on stretch marks
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I just posted what is helping my stretch marks improve drastically, look at my pictures and how much they improved in five weeks only. They are not completely healed yet but I am in it until they are gone. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/801386-stretch-marks-actually-getting-better

doesn't that hurt??? I looked at your topic the other day and the stuff you use... it looks like it's really painful.. how often do you do it? just curious... my stomach is horrible from my pregnancy.. :(
  • igottaworkout
    Options

doesn't that hurt??? I looked at your topic the other day and the stuff you use... it looks like it's really painful.. how often do you do it? just curious... my stomach is horrible from my pregnancy.. :(

Yes it does hurt, but I epilate and it is not as bad as that. You can also get a numbing cream to make it not hurt but I don't use it. I do it about once a week or when the redness from the last treatment is gone completely. I think the small pain is worth it.. My stretch marks used to hurt on their own and were itchy, and now they have such improved texture from below the skin that I know they can be healed from the bottom.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Unrefined shea butter is good for stretch marks just don't expect it to work overnight its something you need to put on after every shower and eventually you'll see a difference.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    BOIOIL IS GREAT I USE IT MYSELF ;)
    Boi oil? Is that anything like boy oil? Sounds gross. No thanks.
  • bricktowngal
    Options

If they don't go too deep, they will fade with time (but probably not completely).

She's actually correct.....i've heard about some creams that usually reduce the appreance of them....not sure what can be done physically.

correct, they come when you gain weight and show as you are losing weight. They will fade in time.
  • igottaworkout
    Options

correct, they come when you gain weight and show as you are losing weight. They will fade in time.

They don't really fade with time.. mine are 13 years old and this is the FIRST time anything is changing at all. The lotions are not even absorbed into the bottom layers of the skin where it feels like a 'crater' (thin and dare I say ripped skin under the top scar tissue). The derma rolling creates holes right through to the bottom forcing your body to heal the skin through all the layers, plus allowing your lotion (like bio oil etc) to absorb into those same layers aiding the healing with vitamins.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!