new here

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm a 34 years old woman who's been overweight for quite a while and I'm fed up with it.
I found this website during my quest for motivation and inspiration (I actually googled the 30 day shred before and after pictures). I thought I'm definitely going to find a great community here so I joined. I used to be a member of another community a while ago, until it stopped being free, at that time I was a poor student and couldn't afford it. I missed it dearly, the support of the community was one of my most powerful tools on the way to health. I hope it's going to be helpful this time as well.

I have a baby daughter and I still breast-feed so diet wise I'm not going to be very restrictive but I go for healthy choices now. I joined the 30 day shred group. Baby steps - but for the first time in my life I feel no pressure about losing certain amount of kilograms in certain amount of time whatsoever. I just want to make a healthy change and better looks.

On a personal note - I've been struggling with an eating disorder for many years. The most powerful therapeutic tool was education.Currently I do know a great deal about diets, nutrition and exercise but knowing is not enough, what I need is constant support, commitment. And remembering that the main target of all my actions should be my health.

So, it's been 3 days for me so far and I'm feeling good about this. I hope we get to know each other!

Btw, English is not my mother language (nor is German even though I live in Berlin) so bear with me!

M.

Replies