Anyone know of a good color care shampoo?

nicehormones
nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
I love the way red looks with my skin tone, but it sure is hard to keep for very long! Does anyone have any recommendations for a good color care shampoo that won't break the bank? I don't want to buy something expensive from a salon. Thanks ;)

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    I love the way red looks with my skin tone, but it sure is hard to keep for very long! Does anyone have any recommendations for a good color care shampoo that won't break the bank? I don't want to buy something expensive from a salon. Thanks ;)

I don't think there is such thing. It's all lies. "No breakage" "Stronger healthier hair" "Color care". LIES. It's all the same in my opinion.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    When I was coloring my hair almost black I used Redkin's color shampoo. It seemed to work better than the others I had tried.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Any shampoo designed for color treated hair is fine...try and not to use hot water when washing and rinsing, stay with it on the cooler side. Do not use a clarifying shampoo, it will strip the color

Reds are so hard to keep, but so beautiful!
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    I use Matrix Biolage ColorCareTherapie worked better. I get them in the liters so they last longer. I also use Redkins Extreme Cat spray every other wash. It helps keep it from being to badly damaged.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I;ve decided to go natural.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Fructis Garnier is one of my favorite brands.
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    huge fan of the Aveda ones - I believe they have one for red specifically.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Make sure whatever you get is sulfate free. The harsh sodium sulfates in shampoos are what will strip your color. Being a stylist for the last 16 years I could give you reccomendations, but they will all be salon recs which you said you didn't want. I'm a firm believer in them though. They are concentrated, so in the long run you use less and they cost the same if not less than grocery store brands ( when used correctly ).
  • I love the way red looks with my skin tone, but it sure is hard to keep for very long! Does anyone have any recommendations for a good color care shampoo that won't break the bank? I don't want to buy something expensive from a salon. Thanks ;)
    I've always used Matrix. For myself the Sleek & Smooth. I believe all of theirs are safe on color, and I've never had any shampoo make my hair as soft and healthy