'fathead' the doccumentary

Options
So I just got through watching fat head for the first time, and was wondering how others reacted to it.

I lost my first 43lb (pre-MFP) on a 5% fat diet, so for me i'm struggling with the whole fat = good thing

although i am the first to admit my salad is far more filling with cheese on it ;)

thoughts?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I think I need to watch it he he.

Reading the forums on here has taught me a lot in regards to protein and fats... really has been game changing for me!
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just watched it yesterday. I have to say I'm of the school that was low fat diet. And I feel better with more fat in my diet whether it's avacado, cheese, etc. The meals seem to be more satiating.

And I found it very interesting about the "healthy" foods and how some of them rated on the gi index.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    i'm so silly i didn't include a link to it! search for it on youtube its there
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options

And I found it very interesting about the "healthy" foods and how some of them rated on the gi index.

the stuff about the GI index swung it for me, because i've always known low GI is healther, but i've never made the connection between some high fat foods - avocados, salmon, etc and being low GI. Up until that point I wasn't too sure that eating fat could make me thin, because i'd never heard any of the science before!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    He did a decent job rebutting the the dietary fat scare mongering, then he proceeded to engage in some carbohydrate scare-mongering of his own.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb almost 1 year. The last 3 months I've been consuming more "fats" including saturated. I'm stronger & fitter than ever! I only watched this last night. I loved it. It augments all the data I've been reading for the past 6 months, especially www.marksdailyapple.com.