When do you weigh yourself?

Options
1235»

Replies

• head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    monday morning after loo before breakfast is the "official" weight-in day :) but I do weight myself few times a week really aspecially if I ate more than usually the day before or feel bloated for some reason.
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings are my official weigh in day. I check my weight every morning but I don't let the daily fluctuations discourage me. I like to keep track of things like how sodium affects the way I hold onto water weight and stuff like that.
  • Elissamf
    Options
    every morning before eating
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm of the belief you should weigh yourself at night after the day as this is your true weight.

Some people wait until you've fasted the night before, make sure you clear out waste and then weigh yourself.

What do you think?

But if you weigh yourself at night you're weighing yourself with all the fluids and food that your body hasn't yet metabolized. It seems to me to make more sense that if you weigh at night that isn't your true weight because the fluids are not fat. Well at least if you only drink water it's not fat. I realize if you drink soda the sugar turns into fat if not used. I weigh myself everyday at least 3 times. I'm NOT obsessed with the scales like it may seem, as I don't take my official weight until Monday mornings. I like to weigh myself once in the morning to see where I stand, once around noonish to see the flucuation, and then at night before I go to bed to see the flucuation again. I find that I have a daily fluctuation of 4-5 pounds. Most of that is water. I drink A LOT of water!
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm of the belief you should weigh yourself at night after the day as this is your true weight.

Some people wait until you've fasted the night before, make sure you clear out waste and then weigh yourself.

What do you think?

But if you weigh yourself at night you're weighing yourself with all the fluids and food that your body hasn't yet metabolized. It seems to me to make more sense that if you weigh at night that isn't your true weight because the fluids are not fat. Well at least if you only drink water it's not fat. I realize if you drink soda the sugar turns into fat if not used. I weigh myself everyday at least 3 times. I'm NOT obsessed with the scales like it may seem, as I don't take my official weight until Monday mornings. I like to weigh myself once in the morning to see where I stand, once around noonish to see the flucuation, and then at night before I go to bed to see the flucuation again. I find that I have a daily fluctuation of 4-5 pounds. Most of that is water. I drink A LOT of water!

What is the point of seeing the fluctuations? ... I'm just curious why you do it and what it tells you.
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I must be different. I have a tendancy of weiging myself once a week. BUT with a full stomach and with clothes on.
  • HondurasBeauty
    HondurasBeauty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning when I first wake up. This is your truest weight!