Anyone doing Jamie Eason's Phase 3/ Carb cycling?

Options
Hi, Amazingly agains all my odds I stuck to the program, and did the exercise day after day, I never thought I would have the will power to stick to it, however I managed to get to week 10 of the 12 week program. Now that I have nothing left to finish,( just a couple of weeks), I feel absolutely weak and lost my motivation for the last 2 days. I thought I would see more change more muscle, less weight, well, my belly is still there and although I lost 2 dress sizes, I haven't lost a pound in weight (well, nearly). I keep repeating to myself that I have to stick to it, that these last two weeks will make all the change, but I don't manage to convince myself.

I feel I am struggling with the carb cycling and trying to match the macros. Is anyone following Jamie Eason in Phase 3 around? I would love to be able to see how other people is managing with food and macros.

Replies

• Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • fancynoodles
    fancynoodles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just starting week 11 of Live Fit. I am sorry you are feeling discouraged, but my advice it to stop basing your results on the scale. The scale for me hasn't dropped much since I started the program, but I HAVE noticed that certain areas of my body have changed shape (for the better). My arms look much more toned, my butt has raised a little, my belly has gotten smaller, my thighs and calves are bigger (there is still some fat left plus the muscle I have put on). I went into this with high hopes of a possible 6 pack by the end of week 12, but after working my *kitten* off for the past 10 weeks, I have learned that it take a hell of a lot more than 12 weeks to achieve that. My respect for ppl who work for their rock hard body has increased tremendously. I expected to lose more body fat by the time the program is over but I don't believe it will happen by following Jamie's plan alone so I have added fasted cardio 3 - 4 times per week. I am doing the carb cycling too and being really strict with my macros and calories. I'll have a slip up here and there. But no hardcore cheats. I'm ignoring the sample diet she gives and instead am just sticking pretty close to 25%P / 55%C / 20%F on high carb days and 55%P/ 15%C / 30%F on low days. You lost 2 dress sizes! Those are amazing results right there!! I follow this woman on Facebook who did the trainer 3 times in a row and you must see her body! You can find her at The Smith Machines Fitbook. She is SUPER responsive and she posts recipes and workouts. She is so positive and helpful and motivating and inspiring. Don't be afraid to switch up the HIIT routines to shock your body and get better results. I don't do what Jamie suggests for the sprints anymore - she said to do 30 sec on and off at 8... well after about a week, I decided to challenge myself and go harder. I can now do 20+sec on and off at 8 with a 6 incline or 7.0 on a 12.0 incline and every 10 minutes, I'll jump off the treadmill and do 15 jump squats! Play with the intervals and incline and speeds and you will lose fat for sure!! I am doing this and I am noticing results very fast! The biggest change for me has come in the last 2 weeks! This is incredible to me since I gained weight during phase 1 and 2 and almost quit!!! Wow this was long, but I know how hard it is to stay motivated, so I hear where you are coming from. Challenge yourself and do more than you think you can do bc you need to work against your body and mind to get out of your comfort zone and get results. Good luck!!