Are there any gamers on here?

Options
I've found that one of the hardest things about weight loss has been that exercise really cuts in to my already limited gaming time. I was just wondering if there were many other gamers on here. Feel free to add me, regardless. I could use the encouragement :)

Replies

• FroodleMum
    FroodleMum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I game! Not NEARLY as much as I used to (having a child and whatnot) but my hubby does. He's got an intense job, so he's in the clear. I however, stay at home. I take care of the kiddo all day, clean the house when she has gone to bed, and then with my left over time I have to work in gaming/working out/reading/etc.

The way I look at it is this - I can do an intense workout (Jillian Micheals 30 day shred is my current) which only takes me 25 minutes. I hop into the shower, max 10 minutes. Steep myself a tea whilst showering and then when i get out and into my cozy clothes - I can sit and offer up my soul to Skyrim for the rest of the evening without guilt.

BUt that's just me. What games do you play?
  • SinisterMinister
    Options
    I game a little, but it irritates my wife, and the games I play are odd-balls.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I saw your picture. You are my hero. YES!

I'm all about Zelda, Assassin's Creed and Okami to name a few. I'm a huge gamer girl
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I game :D
  • ChrisWithATa
    ChrisWithATa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OMG yes, it seriously does cut into gaming time. I find that I use it as a reward for going to the gym. I've also started watching Doctor Who and only allow myself to watch if I'm on the elliptical at the gym.
    Motivation!
    I also tried to play my 3DS while on the elliptical or the stationary bike. Didn't work out so well. LOL
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    I used to be HARD core addicted to an online MMORPG called Anarchy Online. Anyone ever heard of it?
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Pretty much been a gamer all my life and sometimes would spend 16+ hours sitting and playing a game only getting up to grab drinks, snacks and for bathroom breaks!

Since I started my new, healthier lifestyle my gaming time has been cut down significantly as I work full time and have 45+ minutes travel to and from work and whereas I used to go home and plonk myself down in front of the computer, I now get up and leave an hour earlier for work to go to the gym each morning resulting in me finishing later and getting home and not wanting to do much after eating dinner!

Lately I've been playing computer games more often again without reducing the amount of time I spend exercising. Just gotta find that schedule that fits everything in for you so you don't have miss out on getting your gaming fix, but also spend enough time doing physical activities and taking care of other commitments.

Oh, and that game I could play for almost an entire day straight was an MMO called EVE: Online.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Do a search for the group MFP Gamers. :)
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Gamer right here. At the moment I am playing XCOM and I am addicted.
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options

Just got it last weekend and have gotten stuck into it. How awesome is it?!
  • troopers90
    Options
    Love it when I've got time to myself from my little one, qorkout and the gym, to ait back and kick back a few brews and play call of duty online
  • shalinel
    Options
    I play a wide variety of fps, rpg and action games. I especially like bethesda and bioware games. Fallout, assassins creed, halo and zelda are some of my favorites. @Arthemise1 I'll look for that group, thanks!
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Yea man it is pretty sweet. I was just playing a game right now and I lost one of my Col ranked soldiers. Needless to say I reloaded that save I put to much time into that guy
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I play when I can, primarily LoL right now when I have the spare time.
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options

Yea man it is pretty sweet. I was just playing a game right now and I lost one of my Col ranked soldiers. Needless to say I reloaded that save I put to much time into that guy

Last few missions I've played I've come back with all my soldiers and no wounded :D Actually the last mission I played I don't think the ET's even had a chance to fire off a shot cause I had setup my perimeters in good cover and just took my time instead of running in all Rambo style.
  • ClaireM8
    Options
    Have you tried any of the exercise games? Wii or Kinect? No, it won't be the same, but it might be something you could use as a reward i.e. 20 minutes of an exercise game and then you're allowed some proper gaming time :smile:
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options
    I considered getting Wii Fit at the start of the year just so I had something to do here in the house. Didn't end up doing it and started playing basketball more regularly and joined a gym.

The way I see it now, when I get home in the afternoon/evening, if I want to play computer games, I'm allowed to play computer games! I'm at the gym every morning before work from 7:00AM - 8:30AM so that when I'm finished work, I'm on leisure time xD
  • Twiliightmoon
    Options
    My *healthy addiction* to gaming has turned into my *healthy addiction* to working out. Sitting at work for 9 hours and coming home and sitting for another 9 just wasn't helping with getting fit. You know what they say...the more you sit, the more you spread. So my addictive personality has gone on to better things.

I still keep my gamer names though, my alter ego. :bigsmile:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've found that one of the hardest things about weight loss has been that exercise really cuts in to my already limited gaming time. I was just wondering if there were many other gamers on here. Feel free to add me, regardless. I could use the encouragement :)
    I am a gamer. I perfer my health and my looks for that matter over any game.
  • madlittleoldme
    Options
    gamer here . play everquest 2 online,oh and starwars the old republic, also playing xcom terror from the deep old ps1 game but i love it, also have a ps3 with various games and a wii , just dont get me started on sing star have been known to cause floods lol