It's finally hit me: I'm in the worst shape ever.

Options
I'm really not trying to have a pity party, but I am very sure there are other people out there who are also at this point, and don't want to admit it. Well, here goes:

Today, I went to the gym for the first time after .. hm, maybe a year? And I realized something... I was WALKING on a treadmill, and was out of breath. Now, this hit me pretty hard considering that about a year and a half ago, I was working out so much my family thought I had nothing else to do but go to the gym. It's so embarrassing, because I know that this is my own fault.

I've had no motivation. I've been in that mood where I always think : It's okay if I eat this now, because i'll start being better tomorrow.

Yea, not the case. But, I finally hit that point where I really think that if I CANNOT make a change in my life, and if I can't get in shape, my health is really going to take a toll.

Replies

• carmencc26
    Options
    The first step is to admit it and then it gets easier from there. You can do it!! Just keep at it and it gets easier. The first two weeks are always the hardest.
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    Keep a fitness diary. Write down what you can do (how long walking at what speed, how many crunches, how many push-ups, etc.) then you'll be amazed when you start making progress and it will motivate you to be better than you were the day before.