Does anyone else find calorie tracking fun?

I don't know why but it's kind of enjoyable for me, using apps like these to count my calories. It's like a game to me.
I never understand why some people who are against calorie-counting for weight loss, say its "too stressful & not sustainable" or whatever. I mean yeah there are some rare days where I don't feel like it & I won't track. But most of the time it's not stressful at all, & its kind of fun to see how the numbers work out.

But maybe I'm just weird.

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    It's addicting, that's for sure. I'm also slightly OCD-ish and I thrive on planning & control!
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    I find it rather addicting as well, although it drives my wife nuts lol.
  • I kinda see it like a game, honestly. On the days when I worked out hard and ate under my limit, I feel good like I got a high score. :) Idk, I just think it's fun too! But I don't do it everyday anymore.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    I like tracking the macro ratios and monitoring how I react to the changes I make.

It's all a big experiment.

I'm looking forward to the day I don't track anything though, it just isn't natural IMO.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    oh yeah - MFP is my addiction
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    It's addicting, that's for sure. I'm also slightly OCD-ish and I thrive on planning & control!

I'm this way. I like feeling like I have control. I feel uneasy if I'm not counting, really. Maybe it's a bit of an obsession :blushing:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I love it. It's a lot like putting together a new puzzle every day. The only difference is that at the end of this puzzle, you don't end up with a picture of a train or tree or some goofy **** like that. You end up with a picture of you, looking better than you ever have.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    I don't know if I would call it fun, but I don't mind it and am convinced it makes a ton of difference in keeping things on track...
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    It can get addicting, some days I know exactly how many calories are in what I'm eating and don't have the patience to search it up and put in the serving size. Thank God for "Quick add calories"
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    I'm a weirdo too!! I can't imagine going a day without doing it.....yes, I'm letting my freak flag fly:embarassed: . I'm happy that I don't feel like it's a chore:smile:
  • krystleeanne
    krystleeanne Posts: 42 Member
    Me me me! It's like daily challenges for me especially when I like to make it fun with recipes! Everyday is different and I think that's the main reason I don't get tired of tracking. Eveeerrrr.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    I find it addicting!
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    I love it!!! :D Definitely fun and addicting.
  • It's addicting, that's for sure. I'm also slightly OCD-ish and I thrive on planning & control!

I feel exactly the same way!! I get joy from planning out my meals, calories and macros. I guess I like number crunching in general. lol
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    It has focused my mind on portions size, which was a big part of my problem. I ate healthily before just too much!

Like others I like working with the numbers and being able to look back and see what works and what didnt.
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    i have ocd tendencies too and i LOVE IT. lists lists lists are my favourite thing. imagine the excitement when i found i could list food!!! and that it would end up with me losing weight lol
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I'm officially addicted.
    I love how you said 'it's like a game to me'. That is a great way of putting it :D
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Nope, not me!

It's a necessity, and I don't mind it. But fun? No.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member

I have ocd, so for me its almost a compulsion. I feel bad when I don't do it. So for me its fun satisfying to a point.. but Ive got to be careful I dont become completely and utterly obsessed with it.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    I thought I was the only one. :) It's like a puzzle to find food items that fit within my calorie intake and have the right nutrition.
  • Its fun until I input everything & finalize my diary & I'm over my limit, then its just kind of depressing. lol.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    My friend the other day asked me what I was playing on my phone and I said MFP, he asked what type of game it was I was like a really good one. So he asked what do you do in it, I said I work on making my char very healthy by feeding and exercising him. By that point he Googled it and found out what it was and was annoyed at me the rest of the day. I thought it was funny guess he didn't :-p
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    I hate it, and have stopped doing it. But then I make meals from scratch, with lots of different ingredients, and I found it very dull and time-consuming to have to search for each ingredient, find a UK version for quantities that make sense to me, and work out an estimate of the quantity of each.
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member

I agree, addicting! And perfect for the OCD control freaks like me!
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    I find it very fun.....I always try to log my food immediately and that annoys some people..I also find this site very addicting!!!
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    I love it too and my hubby. He is at goal but still logs every single thing he eats cos he thinks its great!
  • Anamaere
    Anamaere Posts: 60 Member
    I see it as a big game/experiment too and do find it enjoyable. I also like the fact that its (in a weird way) given me control back and i feel better (and am losing weight!), yet i dont feel like im missing out on anything, unlike my other weight loss/lifestyle change attempts. I'm going to be on mfp for a LOOONG time haha, but its worth it :)
  • Its fun to keep track of the food and exercise but trying to find something similar to what im eating on the list is kinda hard. I don't add my own recipes.
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    I am one too. I like to keep track and it seems I am knowing too much on what foods I eat and how many calories! But really like the recipe section and being able to calculate things! To me that is the fun part/

Mark