Not losing weight... is it a plateau?

Options
Hi I am 35 Male. I am about 165 and have been at this for like 180 days and I just can't seem to lose the pounds. I have tried insanity and I changed shape, but not pounds. I work out, sometimes up to 1000 calories at one time. I eat a good breakfast and lunch, and a reasonable dinner. i feel like I have tried everything. Any thoughts?

Replies

• kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well, maybe if you logged your food for once, did a sit up or two, and didn't talk about Jack in the Box and curly fries in your status updates every other day, you'd break that plateau.
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Jack in the box isn't that bad if you are working out. It can be part of a reasonable diet. Would you rather I not talk about what i eat at all?
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Damn, she busted you. Jack in the Box is JUNK food and not healthy in any way, shape or form. I've seen lots of people post on here that losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. You can't eat crap every day or not log (meaning who knows how many calories you're eating on these days) and expect to lose, end of story. Cut the fast food, log every bite and check back in after 2 weeks.
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    burning that many calories in a work out is pretty good. But you have to make sure you're eating the right things. Fried foods and such will definitely stall weight loss even if you are burning. getting good amounts of fruits and veggies helps. But I can't see your diary so I'm not sure how much you're eating
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    how do you know you are eating at a deficit if you don't log your food?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I eat a good breakfast and lunch
    Sounds like an overeater I know.

Eat 1400 calories for a month. See what happens.
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    "I've tried nothing, and I'm out of ideas"