neg test, turned positive next morning?wth?

Options
2»

Replies

• llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

...And people wonder why I refuse to handle cash.
    hahahah
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trust those OTC test kits...I was having weird symptoms years ago, even had the dark ring around the nipple, so I tested just to see what it would say....it was POSITIVE.....guess what, that was several years AFTER I had a hysterectomy!!!!!!!!!!
  • sallysuze
    sallysuze Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You haven't said when AF is due? That has a big bearing on my answer.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should go to a doctor? Those tests are pretty crap.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    check the colour of the line. if it's grey it's definately negative, but the line shows up where the dye would have stuck once it's dried. if it's pink, well then i guess i'd get another test- but a pink dye one please. the blue dye tests are shocking for giving false positives. or you could pee on one of the many $100 notes i'm sure you have lying around.
    good luck.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    most colorimetric tests require you to read them at a set time after putting the sample on, as it is the rate of reaction that determines the result. So I'm not surprised that many hours later the result is different.

I recommend the iPregnancy app for the iPhone, you pee on the screen and it gives you a positive / negative response. It's by the same people as the iScale where you stand on the iPhone to weigh yourself, and the iHammer for banging nails in with the side of your phone.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

I recommend the iPregnancy app for the iPhone, you pee on the screen and it gives you a positive / negative response. It's by the same people as the iScale where you stand on the iPhone to weigh yourself, and the iHammer for banging nails in with the side of your phone.
    this.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    most colorimetric tests require you to read them at a set time after putting the sample on, as it is the rate of reaction that determines the result. So I'm not surprised that many hours later the result is different.

PMSL!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    SO, took prego test, was negative. left it on the bathroom counter and went to bed. next morning it was positive. so i grabbed the one that was in the trash i had taken a couple days ago. It too was now positive. Having symptoms, but the accident we had was very well um, cleaned out. It says don't read results after 10 minutes. Can it just turn positive on its own? that doesnt make sense, but jeeze...so now, if im all knocked up im doomed to be fat forever...crap...

Not sure if this is a joke or not....

I would not count on the accuracy of a test past the time that the directions say to read it. In my case, all 3 times I was pregnant, I was able to literally stand there and watch the second line form as the urine was pulled into the test.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Um, if you are pregnant, you don't have to remain so.......

just sayin'.....

But yea, if this is not a joke, then go to your doctor........

*quietly leaves*
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    If you read the instructions, usually they will say that the results are not accurate if you wait too long to read them. There is this thing called an 'evaporation line' that can happen after the test sits for awhile even if you are not pregnant. The most reliable way to test is to do so first thing in the morning and then read the test exactly when the instructions tell you to read it. I also like digital tests (the ones that say 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant') since they are impossible to misread. Good luck.