What do you feel when you miss a workout?

Options
What do you feel when life gets in your way and you start missing some workouts for couple days or a week? what do you feel? fat, weak... tell me:)

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Tired, because if I missed a lifting session, it means I was at work for 16 hours or more. I don't ever actually 'miss' one though. My normal lifting schedule is Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. However, if for example, I miss Monday due to work, I will go Tuesday and just not have the down day in between.

That said, I have already told my boss that once I go to a 6 day per week lifting schedule, the first time I miss a lift due to their stupidity, I will be quitting that day. Luckily for me, I can already think of five companies off of the top of my head who would give me a same day hire, so it's not an empty threat.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Its not the end of the world, I try to focus on the next workout and make up for it then. If its a question about lack of motivation I usually ask myself whats really the problem, is my routine getting old, do I need to try something new etc.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I had almost 2 weeks off about a month ago and came back to the gym feeling weaker before even picking up a dumbbell. On my warm up set of incline dumbbell presses I had to drop down 7.5kg to finish a set :/ I didn't like that feeling and don't want to experience again if I can help it! Even during my time off I felt like I was being lazy and letting all my progress to date go out the window!

Thankfully even on a really busy week, I can still get my regular amount of workouts in as I hit the gym before work every morning. In the off chance I've got to be in really early, I can still sneak a workout in during lunch or after work. Love having my gym 5 minutes from the office.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    On the days I miss a workout, I feel anxious. So many times in the past, I have quit upon my first or second missed workout. This is also why I signed a 12 month contract for my gym membership. If I am paying for it, I had better e using it is what I try to hold on to.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I find I feel tired and achey, on my rest days I have to do something to get rid of the ache whether its some yoga or spring cleaning the house (my house has never been so tidy!) I dont feel anxious or anything like that just a bit sore and lazy!
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it and can't wait till my next opportunity to hit it! Sometimes I think I may be pushing to hard, so I look at missed workouts as recuperating days.
  • Naomilette
    Options
    I feel tired and my back hurts!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    To be honest, frustrated and upset a bit. Now I don't answer blocked calls because I know it's work trying to call me in ;) I also turn my phone completely off when I'm at the gym, not just silent.
  • Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Usually, I felt bad (not in my mind but in my body). So it's difficult for me too skip too much days!

Exercising is a real habit but if I had to miss days or weeks it will only be because I'm sick or because I need to change my routine....
  • phonypony
    Options
    Frumpy
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Depends why I missed it. If I'm sick, I don't care. If its just because I feel annoyed with myself.

I decided to skip yesterday's workout, so went in on a Saturday to make up for it
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Im bad for feeling guilty for missing a workout. Im hard on myself when it comes to stuff.. ;/ probably because of my OCD. I usally feel more tired.. and have less energy.. boo!