Snacks are my downfall

Options
Hi - I am brand new, never tried an online community before.

My biggest problem is emotional eating. I have been in temporary jobs for 7 years and the difficulty I've had finding permanent employment (while still needing to make mortgage payments) has caused me huge stress.

I love cooking and I make excellently healthy meals with lots of vegetables from the garden...but then I crave sweets, chips, there are endless morning tea shouts at work and I am surrounded by poor food options all the time (with little will power to resist).

I would love to be "friended" by people who know what this is like and who can encourage me.

Claire

Replies

• mountaincat4
    Options
    Hi Claire, I'm new here too. I love cooking too, but I changed the type of foods I prepare. And at work I don't even look at the foods people bring in to share. I try eating a good sized breakfast so hunger doesn't strike when I see those tempting foods. As for chips, well, I love those too, but I've weaned myself to one variety with just 3 ingredients, and only eat a handful with a big bowl of vegies. I try to not have the chips unless I have a big bowl of vegies in front of me. That way I can make a medium sized bag of chips last a whole week.

~mountaincat4
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love snacks! I love to support my friends on MFP! sent you a request. Anyone else feel free to add!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i get the snack attack too! especially at work where there are yummy goodies!

i struggle to resist but find that if i plan and take food with me, i am better at dealing with it.

all the best!