After you lose our desired weight...

BADGIRLstl
BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Do you think that you will still view YOURSELF as the old you??? I ask this question because everyone that I know that has lost weight and look good always see the old them... and I am scared that when I lose my desired weight that I will still look in the mirror and see the "old me".... Any ideas on how to improve your outlook on yourself as you shed the pounds?

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Take an exotic dance class. I never struggled w/confidence or self esteem but took the class for fun and girl it does wonders for the ego. You couldn't tell me I wasn't fine....LOL
  • BADGIRLstl
    Wow.... That's an awesome idea!!!!! I am going to put this on the To-Do list...... Hi Five!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Glad it helped....I reside in GA and I had a cousin come from VA for a visit and while here we took a teaser class (they teach a couple of little steps but basically give an overview of what u could expect if you took an actual class) and she called me last night stating she has already found her place that offers similar classes in VA and will be going for the introductory class this Saturday. If you have any girlfriends it will be even more fun.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    I'm working on this problem too, since I'm losing 70 lbs that I lost over two years ago and then gained back since I didn't know what to do with my skinny self. I just started reading a book today called "The Writing Diet" by Julia Cameron and I'm also going to checking out "Finding It" by Valerie Bertinelli to start figuring out ways now to cope with feeling like a new person. If those don't do much good, I will probably go talk to a therapist at least a few times to figure out why I'm good at losing weight but bad at keeping it off and uncomfortable with the attention I get when I look better.

Although some dance classes seem like a good idea too. :happy:

-Alison
  • BADGIRLstl
    I'm working on this problem too, since I'm losing 70 lbs that I lost over two years ago and then gained back since I didn't know what to do with my skinny self. I just started reading a book today called "The Writing Diet" by Julia Cameron and I'm also going to checking out "Finding It" by Valerie Bertinelli to start figuring out ways now to cope with feeling like a new person. If those don't do much good, I will probably go talk to a therapist at least a few times to figure out why I'm good at losing weight but bad at keeping it off and uncomfortable with the attention I get when I look better.

Although some dance classes seem like a good idea too. :happy:

-Alison
    Ali I understand what you are talking about.... I'm happy that you are putting things in place (now) to be prepared for the new you that is in the making. I too will check out the books to try and prepare for the new me...because like I said no matter how much weight I lose when I look in the mirror I still see flaws that other people don't see.....
This discussion has been closed.