Should I still workout??

I'm still quite sore from lifting on Thursday but I really want to turn in another great workout today. However, I'm still sore. Any advice? I'll still hit cardio really hard. If I miss today I won't be able to do it again until Tuesday.

Replies

• ar1ms
    ar1ms Posts: 98 Member
    Workout, the soreness goes away like 10 minutes into your workout. Also, tuesday is a long time away!
  • KellyKelzs
    KellyKelzs Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there -

It is fine to workout when your sore. Cardiovascular exercise can be beneficial to getting the blood flowing and repair muscles more quickly. Your soreness should fade slightly as soon as you start exercising. Listen to your body to be sure you don't feel any sharp pains. I would say don't skip your workout!
  • dayotte33
    dayotte33 Posts: 80 Member
    Thanks ar1ms. Will do. I was just a little concerned the muscles might need additional recovery. Not worried about the discomfort as much.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Are you following a program like stronglifts, starting strength or new rules of lifting? did you take your rest day or do you do heavy cardio on your rest/recovery day?
    If you have taken your rest days and have had good nutrition and adequate protein intake to support a heavy lifting program then go ahead and lift, but it probably would not be good to do a lot of heavy cardio in addition. If you do not feed the recovery days you will not make strength/muscle gains. If you feel the need to do additional work after your lifting then look at stretching, yoga and foam rolling to supplement your lifting days.
  • dayotte33
    dayotte33 Posts: 80 Member
    Thanks angelkelzs. :smile:
  • Definitely keep at it. I lifted weights and did 30 DS last week and felt like the Tin Man. But running and Tae Bo actually helped the soreness more than anything, including ibuprofen.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    I live for that muscle soreness, I almost forget what it feels like
  • ALWAYS workout!

There is a big difference between sore and hurt and unless you are hurt WORK IT OUT!!! :bigsmile: