How many times a day/how often do you eat?

Options
loreeb18
loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
I've heard that you should eat every 5 hours or so, to keep your sugar blanaced. I've also heard that human bodies are only made to digest 3 meals a day.

I eat breakfast around 7, a snack around 10-11, lunch around 2, a snack when I get home from work around 5, and supper around 7-8 (sometimes eating a snack around 9 or 10). I am 5'4", between 136 and 138 pounds and I'm supposed to be eating 1200 calories a day (according to this site). But I always end up eating between 2000-2500 and I still feel like I'm always hungry!

I have a friend who only eats supper between 5 and 7 and she's not usually very hungry and she is about 4'10", 110 pounds.

It's discouraging to me.

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you should eat every 5 hours or so, to keep your sugar blanaced. I've also heard that human bodies are only made to digest 3 meals a day.

I eat breakfast around 7, a snack around 10-11, lunch around 2, a snack when I get home from work around 5, and supper around 7-8 (sometimes eating a snack around 9 or 10). I am 5'4", between 136 and 138 pounds and I'm supposed to be eating 1200 calories a day (according to this site). But I always end up eating between 2000-2500 and I still feel like I'm always hungry!

I have a friend who only eats supper between 5 and 7 and she's not usually very hungry and she is about 4'10", 110 pounds.

It's discouraging to me.
  • SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've read and heard it's healthier to eat more, smaller meals. I try, but sometimes it's hard to fit that in my day. I typically have breakfast around 8am, a snack around 10, lunch at noon, another snack around 3, dinner at 7. I rarely eat after dinner.
  • It really depends on what you are eating for snacks, are they balanced with carbs and protein?
  • traiserjo
    Options
    I eat about 5 or 6 times a day. I eat breakfast around 6 snack at 9, lunch at 11, snack about 2, dinner at 5, and then last snack bfore 8. You should try not to eat for a couple of hours before bed. If you are still hungry, eat carrots or some other vegetable. What are you eating that is so many calories? I eat around the 1200, and have no problem. Try more unprocessed foods. Also try to stay away from sodium, it increases your appetite.
  • Baigle2003
    Options
    I feel like I could wait until 10am for breakfast, but after that, the gloves are off and I eat all day long. I definately snack between meals. Most of my snacks are things like Carrots and hummus, Detour bars, cheese sticks, Dannon low carb yogurt. And usually if my eating is heavier than normal, I'll take an extra walk or 2. It's easy to get discouraged when the pounds don't melt away quickly, I've been there. Good luck!
  • SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My snacks tend to me cheese sticks, apples, bananas, pretzels
  • izzyrut
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 7, a snack at 10, lunch at 12, a snack at 3.30, and tea at 6.30, i have only been eating fruit and veges, and for dinner a small portion of meat, i do find myself hungry after dinner but i just drink a glass or two of water, it seems to do the trick.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast between8-10, lunch between 11-1, maybe a snack around 3-4, dinner between 5-7 and maybe a snack between 8-10...
This discussion has been closed.