Pre Menopause

Options
Hi ladies! I need your help.I am 46 and am in pre menopause.I had a biopsy Monday results in a week.I have had heavy cycles 3 weeks to nonstop.Large clots,extreme tiredness,anxiety,heart palps that hurt. Can anyone help!

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i like to try and exercise a bit harder when my body is acting up. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I started getting heavy periods a few after my youngest was born. The first doctor I saw told me it was part of the "aging process'. Moved to a new town and a new doctor. At first my periods were getting longer and longer so they put me on birth control to try and regulate them. When that did not work they did a uterine ultrasound and discovered a uterine fibroid. I tried a couple treatments to avoid a hysterectomy but ended up getting one at 43 years because of the fibroid. Not sure if you are looking for this type of information but that was my experience.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would make a guess that you may have a fibroid. Have you had an ultrasound? Fibroids wouldn't explain the heart palpitations though. Hope your feeling better soon and find the cause. Don't hesitate to get a second opinion.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Having cycles for 3 weeks non-stop does not sound normal - even for the 'abnormalities' that pre-menopause brings. I have been peri-menopausal for the last two years (alas, it does not move by quickly!) and I did have days during my cycle that seemed like absolute gushers as have several of my friends, but I have never heard of anyone having prolonged, heavy cycles. I would definitely get that checked out by an OB Gyn- not just your famiy doctor.

As to the heart palpitations, they are a part of peri-menopause that has given me issues as well, usually at night. I find that employing medatative techniques helps me to calm them - and helps keep me calm as well because the palpitations can feel very alarming! In the beginning especially, I also suffered from night sweats which really played havoc because I was constantly sleep deprived. I did find a treatment that worked for me called Estro-Logic. It's a 'natural' remedy that was formulated by an OB gyn and a medical herbalist. It is not for everybody, and you should really check with your OB Gyn first before using anything, but I can tell you that taking it has really helped me and best of all - as long as I remember to take it, I don't have night sweats or if I do have them, they are not as bad. Ditto for the hot flashes.

I hope this helps - but I would seriously make an appointment with an OB Gyn and get that prolonged cycle checked out!