Looking for friends

Options
Well so far so good..

I started MFP a couple of weeks ago after going to the doctor and getting on the scale. I decided I wanted to finally get serious about getting in shape. Looking for friends to share exercise regiments, food ideals and above all support. Started out at 285 lbs, drank like a fish and ate crap...now, I've cust out the alcohol (except the occasional glass of wine), eating a LOT more vegetables and making smarted snack choices. Also I am cultivating a NO EXCUSES attitude about hitting the gym 5-6 times a week. I'm out to make this a lifestyle!

Replies

• lobolou
    lobolou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for friends as well. I'm a beginner. I am starting out at 200lbs. I am an active person but make up for it with food. I'm starting to eat veggies and protein and no fruit after 2 and I'm going to try not to snack after six. I am going to start Insanity workout as soon as it arrives. I've found a couple of the days on youtube so will start that today.
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, you may friend me if you like
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! The "No Excuses" attitude is the best one; you'll do awesome if you can keep it up!! :)
  • dabrion
    dabrion Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies!
    I'm just now starting back today myself (well loggin my food anyway). Was on here back in early 2011 when i cut out meat completely and went full vegetarian. I am 6'3 and my starting weight then was around 265. After 7 mo of vegetarian I ended up losing around 35lbs to 230. Then I went back to eating meat cause I got into the weight lifting thing for the past year. I now (well as of last week) switched back to vegetarian which I plan to remain at as a lifestyle change. My current weight when i switched last week was 279lbs, after a week i'm at 274lbs. I hope to continue this trend so wish me luck. I wish you all luck as well. I think you'll find that once you get use to the first 2 weeks of whatever diet plan your on, it becomes alot easier to stick to after that (especially when noticing your own results)