Weird question but...

Options
HealthyGinny
HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
I kinda want to know... What makes you cry?

Not to be creepy or anything but I was talking with some friends today and this came up. Apparently I'm pretty weird because I never cry when I'm sad or upset or hurt but tiredness can make me bawl like a baby if the day is particularly long (no other reason needed).

My friends thought it was all very bizarre because crying is usually associated with sadness and negative emotions for most people (I get it, I mean I'm not stupid, but can't a person cry for other reasons too?)

Am I really that strange or do other people react like that? I really want to know :)

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Tiredness can make me cry too! X
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    When I'm tired I cry too, or when I'm angry
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Thank you!! I knew I couldn't be the only one (seriously!!) :)
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt I am "emotional" when I am tired. I don't cry often but when I am over tired, watch out. lol
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Without a doubt I am "emotional" when I am tired. I don't cry often but when I am over tired, watch out. lol

Same... Don't cry often but if I'm exhausted... That's another story lol
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I struggle to cry, but unfortunate circumstances over the years Ive had to potray a strong almost emotionless person, Ive come near to tears when Ive experience seeing people I love going through tough times or been overwhelmed by a child who appreciates life who may have an illness or been abused. I think its a way to release alot of stress and tension tbf
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I cry when I'm very tired - it seems to be my body's way of resting and balancing and generally quieting down. I also cry when it's a few days before my period.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I struggle to cry, but unfortunate circumstances over the years Ive had to potray a strong almost emotionless person, Ive come near to tears when Ive experience seeing people I love going through tough times or been overwhelmed by a child who appreciates life who may have an illness or been abused. I think its a way to release alot of stress and tension tbf

I think it's kinda my case too... There have been quite a few occasions when I had to be the strong person around so I think I just don't cry when I'm feeling very negative emotions (I get a bit angry instead - which is not much better I know) and when I'm alone and tired, like in the shower, tears just flow. I do also think it's our way to evacuate stress and tension.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I cry when I'm very tired - it seems to be my body's way of resting and balancing and generally quieting down. I also cry when it's a few days before my period.

Well yes, that too, TOM does not help the matter lol
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sometimes alcohol
  • babigurl86
    Options
    me too,i thought was weird,i cry if im woken up for no reason :explode: or if im sleep deprived:cry:
  • melissa5604
    Options
    Weird , but if I get so angry and can not let it out , I will bust out in tears. Then of course , all the normal stuff makes me cry. I used to hate to cry, thought of it as a sign of weakness, but now I embrace it and sleep like a baby afterwards.
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm pretty weird because I never cry when I'm sad or upset or hurt but tiredness can make me bawl like a baby if the day is particularly long (no other reason needed).

My friends thought it was all very bizarre because crying is usually associated with sadness and negative emotions for most people (I get it, I mean I'm not stupid, but can't a person cry for other reasons too?)

Am I really that strange or do other people react like that? I really want to know :)

This used to be me, I would roll my eyes at sappy stuff and just get more annoyed than sad.. Then I lost somebody that I loved and after that I think I understood what it meant to hurt, feel sadness, and also cry..
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, I can't even get through the Humane Society commercials without a tissue.

I teared up at the Frankenweenie movie....................twice! LOL
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i cry when i'm frustrated or tired (usually a combination of both) but i also cry when i am sad
  • enigmachik
    Options
    babies. babies make me cry. but I guess that's just because I want one so bad and fear I'll never have one. so I guess that falls under the typical sadness, but other sad things don't make me cry.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When I'm tired I cry too, or when I'm angry

Me too.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Weird , but if I get so angry and can not let it out , I will bust out in tears. Then of course , all the normal stuff makes me cry. I used to hate to cry, thought of it as a sign of weakness, but now I embrace it and sleep like a baby afterwards.

In my case, it's not that I really think it's a sign of weakness or sth, I just don't cry...
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Frustration and anger will often cause me to cry.

Funerals (irrespective of whether I was close to the deceased or not)

Oh, and seeing other people's grief or pain :(