Ruler shapes

Options
Hi there. I'm interested in seeing some pics from other ruler shapes.

Does anyone else get a little discouraged at times because your overall body shape stays the same so even if you are smaller it doesnt look that way?

Replies

• LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm interested in seeing some pics from other ruler shapes.

Does anyone else get a little discouraged at times because your overall body shape stays the same so even if you are smaller it doesnt look that way?

I do feel that way and then I go back and look at my measurements and I feel better. Im the opposite. My body is changing into more curves b/c my starting shape was "round ball" LOL.

I can tell you are getting smaller sometimes its hard for us to see the difference b/c you see yourself every day. People comment on how much I have lost and I really dont feel that much smaller.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i have false curves :laugh:

i definitely know i'm getting smaller because i can fit into smaller things, but pictures can be frustrating unless i do a side by side comparison of wearing the same exact thing.
  • batrastard
    batrastard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Several weeks ago I was getting discouraged because I felt that I was not making any changes in my body. I don't have a tape measure that I can put around myself so I used a tie, yes a tie, I put it around myself and marked it and measured it, to my surprise I found that I had lost three inches around my waist..
    I have also noticed that the bigger sizes I am used to buying are fitting me better, in fact to the point that they are to big in a lot of cases. Just so you don't think that I'm small person, I have been wearing 4x-3x sized shirts. In July these shirts I was pulling down all the time so that my extremly huge gut stayed covered. From what I have learned over the years, you will find the changes in your clothing before you see them on the scale.
  • jaysmom23
    jaysmom23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same here, I just did a measure the sam etime I did my weigh in this past week and unless I'm doing this wrong, NO CHANGES:sad:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!