women that had csections

Options
I need a little motivation. I had 3 c-sections and cant seem to lose the pouch.(if you know what i mean). TMI but i also wanted to know if any of you lost the pouch if you even had one in the vaginal section to. Since they cut those muscles i cant seem to lose the weight. Im really not one to post and this is a little embarrassing for me. Someone please just help me. Ive been doing the JM killer abs and eating right. please dont judge me for this post. I just want to know if its possible to lose the pouches.

Replies

• animallover1989
    Options
    I personally have not had children. However my mother inlaw went theough the same thing with her 2 kids and she did mad reverse crunches! Just something she shared with me
  • ItsSamantha
    Options
    My last child was a csection.I have lost 42 lbs so far and i haven't lost my stomach yet but compared to what it looked like before my workouts and healthy eating are working.It can be done just takes some time.Which also depends on how big your pouch is.It's not going to happen over night but i believe i and any other mom or not a mom can lose that pouch!!Good luck!!
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i have had 2 c-sections the last one nearly 17 years ago.i have lost over 60lbs in the last few years and with healthy eating and exercise my choice of zumba and tae bo has really helped metone and lose my pouch!i still have a belly but the exercise has really helped!!
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    I had a c-section with twins and I don't have a pouch at all - it was a bikini cut (although I don't know that that matters) You have to be patient because the stretched out belly thing doesn't go away overnight.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 c-sections and I can tell you that yes - it is possible to completely lose the pouch - however it's going to be a lot of work - strength training especially core work along with the dietary changes - but because you are strength training and the diet you wont see the scale drop as fast as you would with just diet - but you will definately see inches drop - since the beginning of september I've lost 10 inches overall on the area that I track - but only 5-6 pounds on the scale - and the majority of those inches are in the middle of me - I've also got a friend of mine that worked her pouch off doing the same thing - core work & diet - if you wait until the weight is off before doing the strength training it'll be a lot harder to get rid of the pouch - tighten as you go or wait till later and try to tighten all at once.

Good luck and add me if you like!
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had twins too and my stomach's stretched out huge with stretch marks, no matter what, it always jiggles, I hate that. : (
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c section and so I really don't have much of the pooch left....and most of it can easily be disquised quite easily even when I wear a swim suit or lingerie.

It has taken a few years though and I still think I have room to improve. I think reverse crunches are fantastic but over all it takes time and a lot of consistant hard work.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i have had 2 c-sections and have lost over 60lbs in total i still have a belly but nothing like i did the healthy eating and my choice of exercise zumba and tae bo has really helped.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have had two children, not c-section and I don't think I will ever loose the pouch. My muscles tore while just carrying my first. I have been working consistantly on my abs for over 2 years now and still it is not helping much. Don't get me wrong I look much better than I did, but I will never wear a bikini again.
  • canichange
    canichange Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I run, spin, body pump, boot camp and use the elliptical trainer and the pouch is still there 12 years later :(
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Still got mine :(
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I had my c-section almost 8 yrs ago to the day (Nov 1st) and I am still struggling to lose the "pooch". Does anyone feel a burning sensation or like their incision is tearing open almost the more weight you lose/the more toned you get? My doctor told me its normal....but he's a guy so I'm quite confident he's never had a baby come through his belly. lol.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well you first have to figure out if your pooch is a damaged abdominal wall or stretched skin or just fat. A c-section doesn't do anything special to your ability to get rid of fat. It doesn't cause extra stretched skin anymore than the pregnancy itself. If your stomach is bowing out it could because of abdominal wall damage.

I had a bikini line c-section but I generally carry fat in my lower abdomen anyway regardless of a pregnancy. But my stomach is pretty flat. But it got that way through diet an exercise.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    2 c-sections here (both emergency), and the muscles tore badly with the first pregnancy, and again with the second without the chance to heal properly. That stomach is going to stay there for a while. It is slowly going down, the more weights I do (squats ftw :P), and the better I eat.
    But since my first was almost 8 years ago. Like others have said - it will go away, but it just takes a lot of time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!