a question for BeachBody lovers...

Options
Hey all,
To anyone who has done some of the exercise programs from BB, which is your favourite or what have you had the most success with? I'm looking to create a "line up" of sorts for myself - starting off with a good beginners program or two, and finishing off the year with completing Insanity, with a whole bunch of good programs in between!!
Does anyone have any suggestions? Or programs they would have done before others?
Thanks in advance!
TFC.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I have done (and LOVE) Turbo Jam. I really like the Cardio Parties. That's mostly what I have.
    I think Yoga Booty Ballet is also from BB. It was okay, but it's not something I do regularly.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,727 Member
    Options
    My favorites have been Slim in 6, Power 90 and P90X. I'm doing a hybrid of SI6 and P90 now and am tentatively planning another (my third) round of P90X beginning March 1. X is awesome, and some people like to do multiple back-to-back rounds, but that's more extreme for my tastes. It's a good kick in the butt for about half the year, though. :-)
  • ttfit2
    ttfit2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love P90X cause it helped me reach my goal to do unassisted pull-ups. Tony Horton is a great motivator and sooooo much fun. Also, my favorite type of exercise is anything with weights. Love doing circuits. I have bought Insanity and have watched a couple of the videos, but am not gung ho about it. I am going to try it though. I hear you burn lots of calories with it. I have nothing to lose. I can return it in 30 days if I don't like it.
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would say start with TurboJam, I really LOVED that program! You can modify it so much to fit your individual level but you can also torch some serious calories with it. My husband and I are "arguing" over what to get next . . . either Insanity or P90X. I think Shawn T is totally cheesy and that just turns me off but the workouts are great. I'm thinking of doing P90X because I know that is hardcore adn works. Did you know that singer Pink uses P90X????
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I love TurboJam as well. I also teach Turbo Kick, and I burn roughly 600 calories on average doing the 45 minute program. I use the blue weighted gloves as well, as it helps increase calorie burn and muscle strength. I also love ChaLean Extreme, which is a strength training program to build muscle. My next purchase might have to be the P90X as I've heard its pretty intense and hardcore. The thing I liked about Turbo Jam & ChaLean Extreme (both done by Chalene Johnson) is that they are relatively easy to get the hang of, and yet they are also great workouts. You can make it as intense as you want to, which I think is true in just about every type of exercise you do. Good luck in finding something to suit you!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I would say start with TurboJam, I really LOVED that program! You can modify it so much to fit your individual level but you can also torch some serious calories with it. My husband and I are "arguing" over what to get next . . . either Insanity or P90X. I think Shawn T is totally cheesy and that just turns me off but the workouts are great. I'm thinking of doing P90X because I know that is hardcore adn works. Did you know that singer Pink uses P90X????

There are a lot of celebrities that use P90X! Sheryl Crow does also. :bigsmile:

I didn't care for Shaun T. in Hip Hop Abs... I agree that he was cheesy. But... Insanity is a whole different program!! It is AWESOME!

As for my favorites... P90X, Insanity, P90X+, ChaLean Extreme, and Turbo Jam are my favorites. :bigsmile:

I've been using Beachbody programs for almost 4 years now and am also a Coach so let me know if you have any questions!!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,727 Member
    Options
    It's funny how you either click with a trainer or you don't. I didn't like Turbo Jam at all. In fact, I'm mailing my DVDs to an MFP friend today to let her try them out.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It's funny how you either click with a trainer or you don't. I didn't like Turbo Jam at all. In fact, I'm mailing my DVDs to an MFP friend today to let her try them out.

That's very true! I love Tony Horton and think he's hilarious but some people don't like him either. Oh well!! :wink:
  • ttfit2
    ttfit2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Jessmomof3: I agree. I love Tony Horton, too and think he is hilarious. He keeps it real. I am sending back my Insanity cause I just can't get into Shaun T. I am sticking with Tony.:bigsmile:

BTW - I love TurboJam