Problem with Fitbit - Negative Exercise Calories

Options
Anyone else out there having a problem with their Fitbit recently? Mine is computing negative exercise calories. For example, today my Fitbit originally posted an exercise calorie burn of 265 calories. I then diarized my workout, which was one hour of cardio. My Fitbit then amended to be a -54 calories. It actually took away calories from my workout and didn't count any for my activities outside my workout time. This makes no sense!

I have had a similar problem with the calorie count as one day it said I should consume -124 calories for the whole day.

It's worked great for me for months but seems to be finicky lately.

Replies

• jmesches
    jmesches Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have recently noticed the same thing. I'm not sure why either.
  • inflictedknight
    Options
    I'm having the same problem.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    there is a big discussion in the tech section

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/765149-fitbit-minus-adjustment
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm a little pissed at Fitbit right now as I've been using it for years, but just within the past couple weeks it has stopped synchronizing with its charging station. It'll charge, but not synch. They said some Mac users are experiencing this problem. Well, that's great, what are you doing to fix it? I now have a $99 piece of plastic that's all but useless since it's not recording to the website or sending info here.
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    my huge amount of problems with my fitbit has got to the point of where im just sending it back because ive just genuinely had enough!
  • katrinalarocque
    katrinalarocque Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. It appears this was a deliberate move on FitBit's part. Makes no sense to me and is actually a bit of a piss off. I hope they change it back as a lot of folks are unhappy with the "new" adjustment.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    my huge amount of problems with my fitbit has got to the point of where im just sending it back because ive just genuinely had enough!

I sent mine back and got a refund. I'm now using a Tanita pedometer which is as accurate. Its slightly bigger but similar shape. It doesn't do steps or sleep but that doesn't worry me. I set MFP to sedentary and it takes me two minutes to manually add in my pedometer calories- quicker than all the faffing about caused by thebnumerouscporoblems Fitbit/MFP has had recently.