How do you sweeten your Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Agave nectar has a low glycemic index if you're worried about ow your body metabolizes sugar/honey. I don't eat the unsweetened greek yogurt but i should probably start. Maybe you can mix 1/2 sweetened and 1/2 unsweetened until you get used to less sugary taste and then continue to decrease the sugary one and increase the plain until you're used to it? Right ow i mix my fruit greek yogurt wi cottage cheese... Decreases the sugar content and increases protein content of yogurt and decreases sodium content of cottage cheese. You may be able to add something like that MiO water flavoring... I'd say you'd only need a drop or two and they have all kinds of flavors and made with no calorie sweetener.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla creme stevia.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just buy the vanilla flavor. Plain greek yogurt is nasstayyy.
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    any flavor of Torani sugar free syrup is great. If you add the caramel flavor you can dip apple slices in it. Also add Mrs grass chipolte salt free seasoning to Greek yogurt for a veggie dip.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I just tried vanilla Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp of PB2 yesterday and it was amazing. Today I tried the oikos toasted coconut Greek yogurt with the chocolate PB2 and it reminded me of a mounds candy bar...soooo good
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Honey. And if in season honey and figs. I use with fruit instead of custard or icecream.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    On holiday in the hotel in Greece I had tinned sliced peaches with Greek yogurt.
    At home I use Fage Greek yogurt with tinned peaches in juice not syrup or any fruit I have to hand.
    I do like sugar free jelly and yogurt, after a while I started thinking it tasted like fresh cream :bigsmile:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    It's not calorie free, but I love mixing unsweetened apple sauce into my yogurt... so yummy :D
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    Some Stevia and sugar free coffee creamer. The seasonal varieties offer some good flavors. I know it isn't the healthiest option, but I don't use that much. I have even used some of the creamers that aren't sugar free, but just use a little bit.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    crystal light
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    frozen dark cherries ,sometimes topped off with slivered almonds
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I add it to my morning breakfast shake :)
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    oh wow! great idea! never thought of that! thanks
  • cindykober
    Options
    I have been eating Fage Greek yogurt with honey, it's 150 calories and really makes a great "cheat" that's healthy too! I would also use any berries with Stevia.
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I add 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon :) some people says its good for fat burning

i agree with the cinnamon, but i also add "bear naked" granola, it adds calories, but not much and its delicious!
  • cindykober
    Options
    I agree the Fage brand is great! I started buying the large size and add my own honey. Peanut butter adds to many calories and the honey helps the sweet tooth.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of agave nectar - the low glycemic index as another poster mentioned is right on. It is sweeter than honey so you don't have to use as much.

My other fave is to use mandarin oranges. When they (in cans) go on sale at the store I buy a ton of them because I use them randomly for recipes and I like to have them on hand to put on oatmeal, squeeze on meats, etc. Nom nom! :)
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I use agave syrup or all-fruit sugar free jams. Agave doesn't effect you're blood sugar as honey or sugar do.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Your blood sugar. Goofy autofill :)
  • Book_wormie22
    Book_wormie22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    there are soooooo many health benefits to honey though....google it - you could live on honey alone :) yes, it has sugar but it's such an amazing substance.