Preferred alcohol for night out

Options
Hi guys,

When trying to keep your diet on track, what drinks do you try and stick to and what do you avoid?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Normally, I drink water. If I'm boozing it up, I prefer vodka, but I haven't found a low-cal mixer I like.
  • Pinzog
    Pinzog Posts: 11
    Options
    I tend to have wine, but then continue with bloody marys if I'm getting a "wine head". I like to think that the tomato juice is the healthiest option! Plus it really does help with lowering the level of hangover acquired.
  • TheJarv
    TheJarv Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra is awesome and tastes better than MGD 64 or Bud platinum. If you're looking for something harder, most straight whiskeys or vodkas are your best bet.
  • sabrecat1
    Options
    I drink Bacardi and Diet Coke with a lime twist. 65 calories. You can also try Grey Goose and Club Soda with a lemon twist. It's very refreshing.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    mescal.
  • MimiCro
    MimiCro Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I drink Bacardi and Diet Coke with a lime twist. 65 calories. You can also try Grey Goose and Club Soda with a lemon twist. It's very refreshing.

wow, sounds good!!
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you've already seen this, but it's very useful:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/708963-for-my-fellow-boozers
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose Vodka with water
  • matchupitchu
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic.
  • ctdeanks
    ctdeanks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A good scotch...100 calories a pour
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If I have a drink, it's normally Vodka or Gin. Diet tonic with the gin and a splash of Rose's lime juice with the vodka
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If I want beer I go with Michelob Ultra or Miller Lite. People think Miller Lite and Bud Light are the same. Miller has 96 calories per 12oz serving. Bud Light has 110.

If I want liquor, I will do rum and diet coke with a lime wedge or vodka and sugar free redbull.

Wine is also good. It's not extremely low in calories, but at least you get the added bonus of antioxidants especially in reds.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I drink whatever as long as it fits in my calories. If I know it's going to be a big drunken night, the I'll try to exercise throughout the day to earn extra calories. I tend to go for the whiskey, or rum.
  • toberdawg
    Options
    Malibu rum and Crystal Light. According to what I have found 1oz. of Malibu has abour 51cal and Crystal Light 5. If that is correct you can rock out 56cal drinks.
    '
    But, I have been wrong before . . .
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Went out last night stuck to Chardonnay, I'm doing South Beach diet so carbs from booze are sorta off limits. But a girls got to live!
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can also try the "Skinny Girl" brand of mixed drinks. I've only had the margarita, but it was pretty good.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    None. Stopped drinking 30 years ago and I have never missed it.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.
    Don't know if you've already seen this, but it's very useful:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/708963-for-my-fellow-boozers

That's great, thanks!
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Vodka and slimline if I'm being conscious of calories...but my preference would be to say sod it and have wine!