What the heck is this contraption?

I am seriously curious. It's sold on Wal-Mart.com. Looks like something out of a bad movie which is intended to be intimidating but is just silly looking. :laugh:

headharness.png

Replies

• keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    What's the problem, don't you want a bulging trapezius brah. Do you even lift?
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Oh, that? I use that all the time.

It's how I got my killer neck muscles.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    That is one swing away from testicular disaster.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I am seriously curious. It's sold on Wal-Mart.com. Looks like something out of a bad movie which is intended to be intimidating but is just silly looking. :laugh:

headharness.png

WTF is THAT?????????!!!!!!
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Introducing the lastest trend in Halloween costumes for everyone on MFP! :laugh:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    That is one swing away from testicular disaster.

LOLLL
  • I guess maybe it's to strengthen neck muscles maybe? Either way I agree with an above poster I hope he's wearing a cup!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Had to ask hubby I thought it looks ridiculous. He says its to develop neck muscles they used a contraption similar to that in football. Supposedly neck muscles are the fastest to form. Personally I am ok with my neck. Looks like a waste of money or an ER visit.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    ...and I'm really going to assume that this would be used in the privacy of one's home. I can see how that would work neck muscles or whatever, but keeping a straight face while using it would be the biggest challenge, I would think.
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    All I could think of was how much compensation they'll have to pay out when some div out there cripples themselves either by crushing their nadgers or needing a neck brace.....
    Seriously - is that for real?
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    A guaranteed trip to the the emergency room...
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    That appears to be a neck injury waiting to happen.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    We call those Back Snaps.
  • nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    This is not a new object, they were, at least at one point, in wide use amongst 'serious' weightlifters and body builders.

You won't see them at your posh fitness clubs, however.

Are they smart? No ****ing idea lol. I actually own one, but haven't used it in years.