The pill and sex drive... for ladies only, please.

Options
LATeagno
LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
OK, ladies. I know a lot of people post this type of info here, so I'm seeking help.

I've been married for just over a year. However, even before I got married, my sex drive was low. I've been taking the pill (Loestrin 24 FE) and I'm almost certain it's to blame. The crappy thing is that I love what it does for the rest of me. My periods are super light, my face is clear, etc.

So here's my question. My husband and I are having some issues regarding the frequency with which we have sex. It's not that I can't have sex, it's that my libido is so low that it takes a LOT to really put me in the mood.

When I was off the pill several years ago, I had what I considered to be typical mood swings and he hated them. He doesn't really understand the emotions that go along with being a woman and the fact that, for the most part, they're caused by fluctuating levels of certain hormones. **sigh**

I really don't know what to do. The doctor just put me on a new pill (OrthoCept) and i'm worried it'll make the problem worse. Any advice? Should I go off the pill? Should I take some type of supplement to increase my sex drive? I am at a loss here. This is causing problems in our relationship. I love my husband and I really miss my libido!