Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 day shred question...

im on day 3 of the shred level 1 and my legs are so sore i cant even sit without plopping down.... you know the feeling. am i really supposed to try to do this workout again today?? is it safe? thanks in advance if anyone answers!! =]

Replies

• MarceloPCR
    MarceloPCR Posts: 6 Member
    Soreness will go away when you start the workout again and the blood goes to the muscles. I don't like to train while sore but I'm sure it's nothing serious. I don't really know that program but one things that really helps with the soreness is stretching a lot afterwards. Search dieselstrength on youtube to find some awesome stretching routines.
    Hope it helps
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    if your that sore, take a day off and resume the next day. you are only suppose to do it 5-6 days a week anyway...
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Great job starting the shred! It's up to you, but I find it helps to push through. The first few minutes are hard, but it feels better to warm up the muscles and strrrreeeeeetch. You might wanna grab a bag or two of Epsom salts to soak in as well. Keep it up girl!
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    I'm doing it for the second time right now. The first time ended up being only a 4 day shred, due to a foot injury. Lol! I've decided this time to do two days of 30DS and one day rest, to avoid injury.

Happy shredding!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    You don't have to do it every day, take a day off if you are that sore and just go for a walk....You need to listen to your body, otherwise you will either injure yourself or drop out....
  • RedwoodCoast
    RedwoodCoast Posts: 107 Member
    Congratulations on doing the Shred - it really is effective!

One caution, though: the tendons behind my knees got very sore, making walking the rest of the day painful because the warmup wasn't long enough for me. Once I started walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes or so before doing that day's Shred session, my knees were much happier and so was I.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Shred - shred - cardio - shred - shred - cardio - rest day. That's the routine Jillian recommends.
  • i'm interested in trying this... how do you log this in?
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    bump
  • log it as circuit training regular for 20 mins =]
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    I marched through it even though I was so sore I walked like ... you know, something that isnt supposed to be used for anything but exits but something entered anyways..?
    And it hurt to sit down on the toilet!

You can do it, and it goes over ;)
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    I got sore when I first started working out, I sit in a tub of hot water afterwards and it helps tons!!
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    I finished day 27 of the shred today. I found the excessive soreness stopped about day 3. Try to get through another workout. It will make your muscles less sore once you get them warmed up and working for you again!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    potassium, rest and protein are your friends!