Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WHO'S WITH ME!

Ok, my name is Isabelle and I'm a foodaholic. (hiiii Isabelle)
I've become quite acquainted with dieting over the last few years, particularly the crash kind. If crash diets were literal I'd be in the ICU. I'd have every bone broken. I crashed hard. You get the message. I've tried and failed, and tried and failed again. I've tried and got far enough to see light at the end of the tunnel, only to discover my appetite exceeds my will power. I've become acquainted with the seductive siren call of open buffets and two for one specials at Foodland. I've decided along the way that anyone who says nothing tastes as good as skinny feels needs therapy. And something with bacon in it.

This is my second attempt at myfitnesspal after a first try that was almost successful, only to be destroyed by a cheap one night stand with a chicken lasagna. My regime went out the window, and the binge that followed was of positively global proportions. You could have fed an african village for a month. you could have fed their goats. if they ate the goats too, still, perhaps I was unsurpassed. My father died of cancer with 3 months notice, and my hair started to fall out in clumps. My image suffered. Food was my best friend, therapist, confidante and ultimately my worst enemy. But I am undeterred. I've spent too much of my young adult life wearing clothes that suit my body, not my taste. I am 21 years old and have never worn a bikini to the beach. I haven't worn a pair of jeans for 3 years because I hate my legs.

I've realised being overweight has made me a withdrawn, jealous, isolated, lonely person, and its time to kick food off the pedestal I should get on. It's not about "good" and "bad" food. First it's about healing my relationship with food altogether. I'm coming out on top this time.

ADD ME! I've just joined. If your on this website we already have something in common, and I already respect you for being here. Let's help each other get through it! WHOOOOO'S WITH ME! (haha)

Replies

• I AM!!!
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Hi Isabelle,
    You can do this! Feel free to add me if you would like some support.
    ~Becky
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    ADD ME! I've just joined. If your on this website we already have something in common, and I already respect you for being here. Let's help each other get through it! WHOOOOO'S WITH ME! (haha)
    I would love to but I fear you will outlive me by a considerable margin and I wouldn't want to leave you bereft so long.
    (psssst. It's "you're" by the way, not "your")
  • I am! Please add me! I have tried and failed too many times to count and I am SICK of myself! I just came back to My Fitness Pal after months of being off. I definitely need support and will gladly support anyone who needs help!
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    I am.
  • I am SO with you.

You should join my badass group "Mission:THINpossible."

LOADS of motivated members!
  • I'm with you....I sent you a friend request. You can do this!!!
  • I'm with you... Add me. We can help each other.
  • abasmom
    abasmom Posts: 49
    I am with you...you have already taken the 1st step by re-joining mfp. Feel free to add me...we all need support :drinker:
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    I love your attitude! Sent you a friend request ;)