how many jean sizes did you lose in 6 weeks?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, it took me 14 weeks to go down one size.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Down 26lbs and not even close to being a smaller size. I'm guessing I'll likely need to lose at least 35-45 to change sizes. Every body is different.
  • kochou
    kochou Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I went from 145 to 117 in four months, most of the weight was lost in the last two months from aug to oct when I went from 135 to my current weight of 117. And my pant size went from 5 to a 0. Losing inches, gaining muscle and staying at a healthy weight. But sizes are different depending on brands. In express I'm a 0 regular, in juniors sizes like roxy I wear a size 1, in American appareal I wear a size 25, and in urban outfitters bdg brand I wear a 25.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    The bigger you are, the more weight you need to loose to drop a size. Clothes do not increase in the same proportions for every size. I cant remember the exact math, but once you start getting closer to the plus sizes, instead of each size being an inch or two larger, it reaches 3 or 4 inches larger. However, I find there is usually about 10 pounds in an inch. For six weeks, the most you could safely loose would be 12 pounds- so I would just count on something you own either fitting the same or being more comfortable. Sorry to rain on your parade :(
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    none but its only been 3 weeks
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    Try the Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred, I've lost inches from May to right now by doing that work out frequently.
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I went down one size in the first 3 weeks after losing about 12 lbs.
  • beckyannadams
    Options
    Thanks for being here for me. I was afraid
    Because I lost 3 jean sizes. Being on
    Myfitnesspal, I lost around 15 pounds.
    Maybe it's nothing to worry about.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    None, I literally have not lost a jean size in 48 lbs. Size 16 jeans at 239, size 16 jeans at 191. Some of us just got the booty I guess lol. I do wear a smaller dress size, though, because I have lost weight in my back and midsection.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    How are ya'll losing all this weight but not going down in sizes? :noway:
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It took me about 38 pounds to go from a UK 22 to a UK 20, though if you're smaller the differences between dress sizes are also smaller. But I highly doubt that you'll be able to lose two sizes in 6 weeks regardless, and even if you physically can, it doesn't seem likely to be sustainable.
  • einsteins2013
    einsteins2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been working at this since September 2013. The 1st 35 lbs my pants fit the same the next 24 lbs I lost 3 sizes. My old pants are too baggy to wear. I ordered a pair 3 sizes smaller, same brand, that I thought would take a few more weeks to get into.
    But, yesterday when they arrived OH HAPPY DAY! THEY FIT. I will be wearing them to a concert tonight :drinker:

I have been doing 4-5 days of cardio a week and 3 days of weight training /week in addition to healthy eating (at least healthy for me!)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 20 lbs, still haven't gone down a jeans size. Been losing weight since Thanksgiving, so six weeks = none.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I went down 2 sizes on my work pants - I pulled on a pair of jeans today that I could do up but had a big muffin top and today there is only a hint of muffin - so I guess that's good :ohwell:
  • einsteins2013
    einsteins2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Because we proudly stuffed our self into pants/jeans that were way to small!!!
    Therefore, it takes a lot of weight for them to actually fit and than more weight for them to be too big.

But, I am only speaking for myself!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 60 pounds in a year and have lost 1 full pant size. I can fit into the next smallest size but I look like a busted can of biscuits.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Because we proudly stuffed our self into pants/jeans that were way to small!!!
    Therefore, it takes a lot of weight for them to actually fit and than more weight for them to be too big.

But, I am only speaking for myself!

For me, I think it's just where I carry my weight.

Even at my smallest ever at 115 lbs I wore a size 10-12 in pants. I'm 5'2" and very curvy.

At 191 lbs I still have the same butt/thighs/legs as I did at 239, minus maybe a bit of the fluff and plus a bit more muscle. I think it just evens out in my case. My pants DO definitely fit better around the middle, though--at my highest weight I probably could have worn an 18 so they fit more comfortably at the waist but my butt and legs would have been swimming in them.

I anticipate when I'm at my goal weight at 155 I'll still probably wear a 12-14. NOT a big difference from a 16. It is what it is.
  • beckyannadams
    Options
    It took a whole year after I lost the weight
    Before the reduction in size. Amazing.
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's interesting that this topic found legs again after the OP which was in 2012! In fact the OP has deactivated her account.

The topic is still interesting (obviously)...once we make a commitment to make a change, we look for affirmation that our efforts will have the payoff we seek and wonder how long it will be before we reap the fruits of those efforts. I know that's true for me right now...and moreso now than when I actually lost 15 pounds a number of years ago. At that time I was just changing the way I ate and working out...I didn't really have a "vision" of how I was going to look afterward other than I wanted to look better. Now I have a "vision" and I just want to get back to having my clothes look/fit the way they did then and get back a bit more muscle and muscle tone.

It was interesting to read the various experiences. It became quite apparent that YMMV is hard at work in this arena!! So many variables come into play. Because I am a classic "pear" and tend to carry any extra weight in the zone from waist to knees, my 15 pound weight loss helped me drop 2 pant sizes...from size 8 to a very comfortable size 4. I don't really remember how long it took but it wasn't all that long with a combination of better diet (no calorie counting but sensible healthy eating), more cardio (walking fast for 4 to 5 miles at least 5 days a week) and doing 2 to 3 circuits on the weight machines 3x/week at the gym (always increasing the weight as soon as I could)

I still wear those 4s but they are really tight and I have a muffin top (yuck) so I'm back on a mission to reduce in inches in that "pear zone".
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 60 pounds in a year and have lost 1 full pant size. I can fit into the next smallest size but I look like a busted can of biscuits.

THAT is funny!! Busted can of biscuits..........I refuse to go up another size (to a 20), and that is how I feel. I don't know how my buttons and zippers are hanging on.

I have about 25 pairs of jeans taking up soo much room in my closet ranging in size from 6-18.
    I was wondering when it would be a good time to expect I could work my way back down to the smaller sizes. 10 lbs sounds reasonable. Doubting I'll ever get back into those 6's. I'd be happy with 8/10