Loose Skin

Options
I have recently had a baby (6 months ago). I had a C-section and my stomach is completely different than it was after my first vaginal birth. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to firm up the skin on my stomach? If I could get rid of that loose skin, I know I could probably lose at least an inch. I thought maybe some vitamins or some creams might be out there to help work on this.

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My son is almost three. I have a lot of loose skin on my stomach. I have lost 60 pounds since he was born, but I still have a long way to go. The skin has definitely shrunk some as I lose weight and strengthen my core, but honestly, I don't think there is a quick fix. Vitamin E is supposed to help with stretch marks, but my stomach still looks like a road map. It did help with the pregnancy itch, though.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    ive had 3 c-sections (since 2000) and the elasticity in your skin will determine how much of the extra skin you will lose (well not really lose but how much of it will shrink). there are some creams (vitamin E) that can help...but wont cure...
    exercise will help lose the fat that is underneath and then time and genes will help pull the skin back into place...but warning it will never be the same as it was.
    Underneath your skin the dr cut into the fat and the muscles to get to the uterus. Those will alwasy have scars and scar tissue - embrace your body and its changes - work at being healthy and fit and let your body adjust to what has been done to it. I know coming to this conclusion was really hard for me...but Im getting there...
    My last c section was 2005 and Im just starting to get feeling back around the scar area on the outside.
    Of course there is always cosmetic surgery -- ....????