So sick of yo-yoing the same 2 pounds!

Options
It's been 2 weeks and that same 2 lbs keeps coming and going!
How do I get out if this rut? I'm keeping my cals right, my macros right, my sodium low, drinking my water, exercising.
What more can I do?
Help!

Replies

• letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    How can you have yo-yo'd in 2 weeks? you shou;d have weighed yourself twice in that time, max
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    stop weighing yourself so often and just focus on eating right and exercising. seriously scales dont mean anything depending on how you're losing weight.

for instance in the past 3 months i've lost nothing according to the scale yet i'm wearing jeans that are 2 sizes smaller
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. It's probably too much I know but to wait a week is just too hard for me.

And I have been taking measurements. Those aren't really changing much either. But I did wear a pair of pants yesterday that felt a little looser. Thanks for suggesting that.

That's what I'll try to focus on from now on!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If you could open your diary, we may be able to make some food suggestion adjustment ideas. :)

If you don't feel comfortable, I would just make sure you're eating back your calories (at least on some days), keeping the sodium low and making sure you go for some nice walks to get some exercise into your schedule. If you're eating under 1200, you're body may need a boost of food to really get it to drop. I know some here have said it was increasing their calories that caused the weight drop. I'd also look at the quality of what you're eating. Are you eating more veggies, cooked home meals, less sugary stuff? If yes, you may just have to be patient.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I once yoyoed with 5lbs over a 6 month period.

Two weeks is really not a long time, just keep eating right and working out and if your still not seeing a change in another few weeks it might be time to change things up :)
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. It's probably too much I know but to wait a week is just too hard for me.

And I have been taking measurements. Those aren't really changing much either. But I did wear a pair of pants yesterday that felt a little looser. Thanks for suggesting that.

That's what I'll try to focus on from now on!

I understand the need to weigh yourself every day- I do it too. However, you need to either take an average of what you weigh for the week (add up every day, divide by 7) or only really look at the number of a specific day each week. For example, even though I weigh every day, Tuesdays weight is the only day I ever enter in the weight tracker. There is just too much fluctuation other wise.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    please stop using your weight as an indication of your successes or failures... once you do that you will be happier for one and you will start to see and feel the results in other ways...
  • gmmassey
    Options
    You can be building muscle and losing fat and gaining weight or staying the same. Try to pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. Also around certain times of the month I will gain up to five pounds doing exactly the same things I do the rest of the month. I weigh myself every day so I can see it go up up up in like two or three days and then back down in another two or three.

If you're going to weigh yourself every day be aware that you will go up and down and that is totally normal. Try to be a little detached about it and know it could be water weight or just even a heavy meal that you ate the day before.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 weeks and that same 2 lbs keeps coming and going!
    How do I get out if this rut? I'm keeping my cals right, my macros right, my sodium low, drinking my water, exercising.
    What more can I do?
    Help!

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You cannot make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is no time on which to make a judgment. BTW, make sure you're being absolutely accurate about calorie consumption and exercise.

I've been yo-yoing for the last several months. You want to know why?

My calorie max is quite low because of my sex, size, age, and sedentary lifestyle. If I exceed my calorie limit several times a week, my weight goes back up. Simple as that.

I'm not doing vigorous, regular exercise. I hope to return to the gym today.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had a SWOOSH this week after struggling with a stall. I love those Swooshes!
  • tdotali
    tdotali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It's 2lbs...you can lose 2 lbs after going to the bathroom or gain it after eating a large meal. Your weight is not an accurate measurement of all your hard work. Try to rely on how your clothes fit, your energy level, or take monthly photos.