New, 38y 5'7" and tired!

Options
New to the MFP community.

I'm enjoying most of the message board posts. Some are concerning, but overall people seem warm & helpful.

I have children and work full time. I'm busy like most of you.

No idea what my current weight is (never been much of a scale person.) I'm still comfortable in my bikinis but I think my energy level will improve if I lose 10-15 pounds and/or focus more on strength training & nutrition.

I've been more tired lately. It's almost certainly stress (long story) and not taking care of myself the way I know I should. My annual physical was a-okay.

I do have some mild issues with emotional eating, but I have worked on accepting that part of myself & self-correcting.

My mother in law is a physician (internist) who says that in her experience, support and tracking are two keys to weight loss that most people miss.

That's me, in a nutshell, and that's why I'm here.

Thank you.

Amanda

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome.
  • runnerblues86
    Options
    Welcome. I am sending you a friend request...
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll find this site gives you what you'll need in terms of tracking and support. Feel free to add me.
  • acbabbitt
    Options
    Thank you, very much, all who have welcomed & sent friend requests!
  • carie1664
    carie1664 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am sending a friend request. I am 5'6" and 43 years old. I too have children (grown) and work full time! :) I however do know EXACTLY how much I weigh. I would love to adopt the "how I feel" thereoy and avoid the scale more. Glad you joined MFP, it's a great site!

Carie