Sweet potatoes with rosemary?

Options
rachmass1
rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
One of my favorite ways to have potatoes is cooked in oven with broth and fresh rosemary. As I am trying to switch out of less healthy carbs to more nutritious I plan on trying this with sweet potatoes instead. Has anyone here experimented with sweet potatoes and rosemary and is it delicious or dreadful? My husband is quite leery about this experiment.....

Replies

• Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I peel my sweet potato, cube it, put a little olive oil and rosemary and bake. Delicious!
    My trainer advised to try them and I love them now!
  • rachmass1
    Options
    Perfect. I have done pretty much the same with veggie broth as well. They have par boiled and are now baking in the oven. I will update upon verdict whether they passed muster with family or not. Thanks
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    When I make sweet potato wedges...like oven fries? I use rosemary and it always comes out great.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with eating white potatoes it is all the extra stuff people put on them that makes them unhealthy like the butter and sour cream.

my sweet potatoes though i just poke holes in them put them in a hot over for an hour when they are fork tender all the way through and i can smell the sugars burning on the bottom of the oven i know they are done
  • rachmass1
    Options
    I loved it, my husband not so much
  • mountaincat4
    Options
    I've not tried rosemary with sweet potatoes, but I would think it might be pretty good. A wonderful flavor to put on baked regular potatoes is garlic and rosemary, cooked together in a bit of olive oil then drizzled on top. The same combo might be good on sweet potatoes too.